Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full height PDF in WebDynpro ABAP application

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

we've upgraded our ERP from 7.0/6.03 to 7.02/6.05 and one of the issues we've encountered is that our WebDynpro application that displayes a PDF Print Form (not an IA) now shows the form at a height of 80px (give or take). This happens both in the portal (ragerdlas well as directly.

What's really strange is that this only happens on IE9. It works fine on FF10, Chrome and Safari. Is there an (new) application parameter that needs to be set to force IE to push the application in full screen?

much obliged
Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I found a solution for this using FPM OVP. If anyone would like to know how please let me know...

mickal_ferette
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

I'd like to know your solution based on FPM OVP.

From our system upgrade to 7.4, InteractiveForm objects need absolute value for Height property...

Thanks,

Michaël

former_member184386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Here are the things I did for my WDA/OVP PDF window:

1. I created a separate view/window in my WD component just for the PDF/IA window;

2. In the layout, I added an IA element, set height and width to both 100%;

3. I used the default layout (FlowLayout) in my ROOTUIELEMENT container but also set height and width to 100%;

4. In my OVP config, I created a separate section just for the WD view/window that I created;

5. In the section attribute, I set Needs Stretching to "UIBB Needs stretching containers to be stretched";

I think that's it, let me know how it goes, appreciate the points if it works.

Goodluck,

Ricky

dharma_esampalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my web Dynpro Application, I need to show a PDF file. so for that i have used UI element 'InteractiveForm' . It works fine on IE, but on Google chrome, the 'Interactive form' UI is not even being displayed. May I know what might be the issue. Working fine in IE and not working on Google Chrome.

Please help..

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

I don't know chrome really, but the interactive form has something to do with the Adobe Acrobat plug-in. If this is not supported in chrome or it's not enabled, it won't work.

Maybe this link helps: Adobe PDF plug-in - Chrome Help

Kind regards, I.

dharma_esampalli
Participant
0 Kudos

As gone through the link, it seems Adobe acrobat is disable for Google Chrome with versions released from 2015. as Google Chrome  NPAPI plug-in support will be disabled by default in the Google chrome. Have a look on this link,

Change in support for Acrobat and Reader plug-ins in modern web browsers

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/change-in-support-for-acrobat-and-reader-plug-ins-in-modern-web-....

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check what is the height of the Interactive form UI element set in the Web Dynpro Layout?

I guess,There is no such application parameter which suffice your problem.

Regards,

Bharath.

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For now we solved it by setting the "height" property in the WD view to a fixed px value (800) instead of 100%. Not sure if this is now a bug in IE 8/9 or the WD engine in 7.02, since it worked fine on Basis 7.00.

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Did you find in the meantime a solution to this? I have a couple of transparent containers contained in each other, pretty much empty, using grid layout and stretch vertically and horizontally. In the last container in the hierarchy I have a label and the pdf element. The width is set to 100% and it works to enlarge together with the browser width but for the height I had to use the same workaround as you. I wonder if I should create an SAP message for this...

Kind regards, Ioan.

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ioan,

no really. We left the configuration at fixed height. But we're on NW7.4 / Ehp7 since December, so it's actually worth to revisit the issue. Will update this once I know if this is now properly fixed.

Marcel

Ratherfish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Any update on this.  We are at the same system level as you and have the same issue.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think its browser compatibility issue,

Check your product availability ( PAM ) in service market.

http:/service.sap.com/pam

Regards

Srinivas