cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to verify the successful run of SAP_SPOOL_CONSISTENCY_CHECK job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We have a Production system with SAP ECC 6.0.

We had scheduled the job 'SAP_SPOOL_CONSISTENCY_CHECK' -

Report RSPO1043 was used for scheduling.

Initially it was throwing a dump RAISE_EXCEPTION.

As per SAP suggestion, we deleted the KONS* object which was generated in 2010 year using SP11.

Now job is runnning sucessfully.

Please let me know how do I confirm if the job has indeed sucessfully run i.e.., it has done something in the background..

Regards

Imaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Transaction code SP12. Then go to TemSe Data Storage --> Consistency Check . You will get the list.

Thanks,

Md. Asaduzzaman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's take very long time to execute...

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could run RSPO1043 manually and select "Only list inconsistencies", that will list if theres anything to be removed, then let the scheduled job delete the inconsistencies and you should be able to check the job log for details.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the responses...

@Juan - So does it mean that if system generates a100 inconsistencies, it will be deleted by the job and the name of the 100 deleted objects/inconsistencies will also be seen in the job log??

Will all of them be deleted after n days as per note 98065 ??

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I mean is that using the "list inconsistencies" option in the report you should be able to display the list of objects using the same variant as the job will use to delete them, then you can tell for sure that the job is working according to the plan.

Do you have any reasons to doubt the job by the way?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

My job has the below variants with the program RSPO1043..I have no doubt on my Job

1000 Release locks after .. minutes P   10080

1000 Delete old write locks P   X

1000 Only list inconsistencies P 

1000 Delete After ..... Runs P   07

Please let me know in my above variant, 'Only list inconsistencies' contains no value.

So it means do we have to put 'X' to display inconsistent objects in job log.

Regards

Imaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imaan,

I would say yes. To confirm that, I would ask you to run report RSPO1043 from se38 with option "with variant". Choose variant SAP&001 and click execute. There you should be able to see option "Only list inconsistencies", select that and unselect other options and execute. As Juan said, it gives you the output of inconsistent spool data.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

that's right, if we run manually, we have to select value. but question is that, running as background job, we need put some value in variant option" Only list inconsistencies", because it's empty now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please update on the sameee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imaan,

Temse storage inconsistency runs a while and might timeout in dialog mode. Nothing to worry. Just put X for "Only list inconsistencies", save the variant and run the job with modified variant.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Imran,

run SP12 and check the Consistency.

Please check following link

Checking the Consistency of the Spool Database

Regards,