Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.2 initial load triggers password disabling

former_member283791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue with 7.2 SP3. When I load all the users from an ABAP system and than change something to any of them it triggers an updateABAPuser which than disables the users password in the ABAP system.

Now I managed to pin point the problem to the sap_abap_handlePasswordDisabled script which has a line in it saying: if there is no encrypted password for this user then disable the password.

Is there another way of doing this? The problem is that we have a rather big setup with mobile users etc meaning we can't just have 1 pw in IdM which will be THE password for the whole infrastructure for that user so we would still like to manage our passwords system by system or ... in some cases just use single sign-on over the whole landscape for certain users.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very common problem, i've had it 2 or 3 times.  In your modify/create user script disable the "ispassworddisabled" attribute.  This should solve your problem.

former_member283791
Participant
0 Kudos

hey Chris, thx for the answer.
Solve is saying alot, this is more like a cheap workarround (no offense intendend )

But I can agree that this is the best we got atm. Hopefully this is improved in future versions.

Answers (0)