cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The sales process to be followed in our company for the scrap sales is as follows Order creation > Delivery > PGI > Invoice creation and release to Accounting document.

I have created a order for Revenue PR00 -- Rs. 1000

Tax Collected at source (TCS)1%  of base price i.e. Rs. 10

Total sales order value to be collected from customer is Rs.1010

I had processed the sales order with all condition records and tax codes. In sales order condition tab page I can see the value are fetched from condition records (Rev 1000 TCS 1% of Rev) but the net value is showing as Rs 1000.

After delivery when I am processing the invoice the accounting document is generated with

Customer Dr 1000

Rev Account Cr 1000

TCS account  Dr  10

TCS Offsetting account Cr 10

In my pricing procedure their are only two condition type used. The pricing procedure (Condition type and account key) is as follows

PR00                                                      ERL

JTCS (statistical )                                    NO ACC KEY

TotalTCS                                                  TCS

Total Amount to be paid by Customer        No account key

I had tried to work around but with removing the statistical field for the field JTCS but then no accounting document is created and the error it gives is "BALANCE IN TRANSACTION CURRENCY".

I need your help to resolve my problem so that i can get the following accounting document entry

Customer Dr 1010

Rev Cr          1000

TCS Cr            10

Thanks and Regards

Suhas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked with your FI consultants before posting this ?  From SD side, you can play around with Account Keys and G/L Accounts but ultimately, it is FI people who have to decide as to how the FI postings should be.

Having said this, I am sure, you should be having two G/L Accounts; one for customer debit and another for TCS.  If you want the TCS amount also to include in customer debit, then you should assign the same G/L Account which is assigned in (for customer debit) VKOA to TCS also.  May be you have to check in OB40 for the Account Key related to TCS.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Suhas,

Check the following thread and see whether it helps.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1018416

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles