cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Remote Connection to SAP mandatory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am currently installing and configuring the SAP Solution Manager 7.1, met some red icon during system preparation, refer to the screen clip

I didn`t configure the remote connection to SAP, and so, I didn`t apply some support package mentioned in install guide, because the support package requires higher version of support package manager which ... needs remote connection to approve and download the SAP BASIS correction for spam/saint.

I am a little confused about remote connection to SAP,

basically, my use case on Solution Manager 7.1 is to setup an integrated environment, which is:

exchange support messages of Service Desk in solution manager with some other product of third partner, and the integration is based on web service and , of course, a funcioning Service Desk of solution manager.

does this scenario depend on the remote connection to SAP?

could you share some idea, if the red icons I`ve met in the system preparation will impact the scenario that I described above?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hao,

Yes, Remote SAP connection is needed. Even we tried to configure after getting these errors.But when we configured LMDB and ran some checks it was ending up with errors.

Not sure if any workaround is there for this.

Thanks,

Jagadish.