Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDOC scenario not picking up input data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I developed a file to IDOC scenario.

I keep the data type same structure as input file type.

<Orders>

<Order_Header>

<Order_Lines>

<Order_Line>

When I place the file on the sender folder, IDOC is triggered, but the input data is not reflected in payload.

not sure what's happening..?!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First check the file communication channel in runtime work bench,If u got any error please share it.

that could be a path issue or connection issue at sender side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi subhani,

Its not about error. I wated to check the data flowing from ftp to PI and for PI to SAP i have craeted a program in such a way that the line item details of idoc is pleaced to ftp in a csv format.

I just wanted to check the details of xml from ftp to pi. I wanted to cross verify what data is posted for each segment in xml.

Hope you got my point Please help. Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check on File side you are able to pick data..

1. you can check that in SXMB_MONI file side payload before mapping

2. or you can check the Sender file communication channel for details and payload

if you are able to see data then check your mapping

As you mentioed IDOC got triggered but you are not able to see data in IDOC payload then.. it got trigger because the fields must have 0 to unbound occur and data didnt get mapped toIDOC fields but still its working

so first check File side if PI able to pick data or not in correct format.. then check your mapping

everything else looks fine.

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the inbound file payload. it list the whole file in 2 lines. It doesn't looks like in XML format.

I also find something interesting. the xml file don't have the xml related header lines.

The follwing lines are missing at the top of the xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:SalesOrdersRequest xmlns:ns0="http://xyz.com/">

guess.. this is probably the reason..!!

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that your file is correct. Since your file doesnot contain the xml tags, remove the xml namespace from your source message type and then execute your scenario.

-Deepak

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You can do one tricky thing to locate all the structure incompatibilities of your XML file content. Go to your sender Service Interface and display the XSD file for it. Then use this online tool here: http://xsdvalidation.utilities-online.info/ to validate your XML payload against the XSD schema. Thanks to this, you will get all the incompatibilities located automatically for you. And of course you are right, your payload has to match the declared structure, so any missing structure elements and nodes, as well as namespaces, will occur some strange behavior of PI.

Hope this helps,
Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

in your source msg type, remove XML namespace, save and activate it. rerun the scenario, to see if the file after getting picked up shows properly in inbound msg payload in SXMB_MONI.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check where do you get error.

a) Sender File comm channel: Check any error message over here. Check in RWB.

b) Since you mentioned idoc is triggered, I want you to check in SXMB_MONI and see the pipeline steps processing. Pay also attention to mapping step.

c) Make sure your source data structure and file input matches field wise and  node occurrence wise etc. I suspect the structure does not go with input data

d) Are you doing file content conversion or XML file? Check also input file has permission to access

Hope this helps