cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approach for Master and Transaction tables dump from ECC to Partner via PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have the requirement for passing the large table dumps from ECC to External partner through PI. I'm thinking of the best way to handle this requirement..

1. Dumping files through custom report into application server --> PI will pick and transfer the files to partner (without any mapping)

Is there any other best option to handle this.. if I go through proxies, I'm assuming that the performance will be down as the XML processing in PI will take lot of memory..

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Deepthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is my few cents.

Write as a file in the compressed format  using custom report in ECC. Use PI to poll the file without mapping. This way you will not process large volume file. This is one approach.

You can also use mail adapter on the target side and attach the compressed file and send to the target system.

You can use SOAP adapter (Xi) for the proxy communication and send the compressed file as attachment from ECC to PI.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use SOAP adapter (Xi) for the proxy communication and send the compressed file as attachment from ECC to PI.  

Can you please explain this? How can I send the compressed file from ECC application server to PI through XI adapter?

Even I felt the same .. file to file by-pass scenario without any mapping in PI is a good approach..

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may also consider using adapter modules for zipping/unzipping payload. Another interesting way would be following this blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/02/21/sap-xi-acting-as-a-huge-file-mover

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepthi,

>> PI will pick and transfer the files to partner (without any mapping)
I too prefer the  "file to file by-pass scenario without any mapping in PI is a good approach.."

Cheers
Agasthuri

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My first choice is to go for file to file bypass esr as I already mentioned first choice. Soap adapter supports attachment and we can also use soap for the proxy communication if you use pi 7.11 and 7.3. Technically it should be possible.

Answers (0)