cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

materials with discontinuation indiactor and follow up material doesn't include POs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In MD04 the system is not considering pending recipts or POswhen i have discontinuation indicator as 1 and follow up material in MRP-4 of material master.

Instead it only considers stock in hand.

Do we have any option to include pending POs into consideration in MRP run in such situation or  you ever done any enhencement to handle such scenarios.

Appreciate your quick reply on this.

Thanks in advance

Laxmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Please refer to the following SAP note:

43636 - Discontinued parts

This note provides a detailed explanation of the system standard design of the usage of discontinued parts with material requiremenst planning and the most common questions about this issue.

Point 9 of this note provides the following explanation regarding the POs and other firmed receipts:

• 9.  Receipts (purchase orders, production orders, QM lots, etc.) after the effective-out date are not taken into account for discontinued parts. Firm receipts after the effective-out date include the exception message, "Cancel process".

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the delivery date in purchase order and material discontinue date in material master.

If delivery date in purchase order are after the discontunue date then system not consider Purchase order same thing happen for considering demand for calculation.

Regd.

PNU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my case i am only giving discontinuation indicator as 1 and follow-up material, but no discontinuation date. So just wanted to know, under such situation will system consider POs during MRP run if stock becomes 0 ? or it will transfer all requirement to follow-up material.

Regards

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If you enter a discontinuation date, system considers that the discontinuation will happen only after this date. Otherwise, if you don't enter a date, system considers that the discontination already happened.

The logic used in both cases is the same, as it is described on note 43636. The only difference is when the discontinuation will occurr.

I would suggest for you to use a discontinuation date that would include all the existing POs.

BR

Caetano

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, please re-run MRP via MD01 and look at new MRP list (MD05)

do you have any items with (58) exception message?

regards,