cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM change in Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We have a scenario where we need to syndicate the records in different UOM's.Field is of type measurement

For Example if a user maintains a field in UOM millimeters, we need to syndicate the record in UOM inches.Is this possible while syndicating?

We also tried by creating a extra field in console which will be of calculated type but in Data manger it gives the value but not displayimg the UOM.

Please need your inputs for the same.Which is the simplest way to go forward

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

What is the data type of UoM you are using in MDM?

How is data being created,Import or UI based creation?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Data type is Real and field data type is Measurement.

Data may be created by both ways ie by import and UI creation

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Try creating a lookup flat table,which has one entry as the UoM created (Coming to MDM) and another field as Desired UoM.

So it would look like this:

UoM                UoM Desired

mm                      Inch

cm                        Ft

Insyndication mapping,map UoM desired to the outgoing file.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think this will not help me because according to what you said only the UOM will syndicate.I want the converted value also to syndicate.

For Example : - User enters the value as 25 mm for field length ( field data type measurement ), i want the record to syndicate as 1 inch to remote system.Is this possible anywhere in MDM syndication.

Or we tried of creating a calculated field in console and defining a formula there but here the problem is it shows only the value ie if user enters 25 mm the calculated field shows the value as 1 , instead if it shows 1 inch it will solve our problem .Is this possible to display UOM for calculated field also along with value

Sorry if i am confusing

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I am not sure if using MDM you can achieve this as you want value conversion also along with UOM change while syndication for different remote system.

But if you have PI in your lanscape you can achieve this in PI.As per your target system write a UDF in the  mapping which would convert the UOM data .

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

In Syndicator, try creating a calculated field in the custom item tab

Kindly revert if it solves your query

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

In the customs item tab i created a custom item and in properties tab in Formula i selected the field where user enters the value say 25 mm.But where will we maintain the formula to convert mm to inch say 25mm to 1 inch.

I am able to see this custom item in Item mapping but not able to find where to write the conversion

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Try this :

UoM                   Conversion Factor                   UoM Final

mm                              0.04                                   Inch

In your calculated field use X = Lookup.Conversion Factor * Y (some field)

Now in syndication in custom field combine X and UoM final.

Pls revert with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi