Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUIBB's for Notes and Attachments in KRPO or GOS

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The new RUIBB's (Reusable UIBB's) in NW7.03 include Attachments and Notes components. It looks like these components will only work with KPRO meaning that they don't fit in well with all the other attachments and notes stored in the system against business objects which use GOS (Generic Object Services).

Does anyone know if it possible to make these RUIBB's work with GOS as the storage area instead of KPRO. If not then it make these two RUIBB's kind of useless if your business already uses attachments and notes in GOS.

Probably just have to write our own unless SAP provide a way to easily migrate everything in GOS acros to KRPO.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm answering my own question here but I've found the answer:

The RUIBB's for Attachments and Notes indeed only support KPRO as the datastore and will not work with GOS (Generic Object Services). However - there are CHIPS provided by SAP for attachments and notes that do "seem" to support GOS.

0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Am planning to develop a WebDynpro application to show the contents from GOS . Please let me know , the steps and details of  CHIPS from SAP.

Thanks in adavance

Srini S

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasasubbu,

Please search SCN for the FPM developmers guids and Page Builder developers guide - between them there is plenty of information to get you started building CHIPS. By the sounds of it you can just use the attachments RUIBB provided by SAP and specify GOS as the document store instead of KPro.

Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Had the same question today. What are the SAP CHIPs that do support GOS?

Cheers,

Simon

Answers (0)