cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bytecode adapter installation failing on authentication error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have upgraded to solman 7.1.  While working through managed system configuration, I've hit the step for bytecode adapter installation which fails on an authentication error.  An excerpt of the SMDAgentApplication.X.log below indicates that the problem is going to the managed system. It isn't clear what userID it is attempting to use.  I tried creating the userID, SMD_ADMIN, that was specified in smdsetup managingconf on the managed system, but that doesn't appear to be the correct ID.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience?

Mar 28, 2012 3:38:19 PM [Thread[Thread-303,5,main]] Error      P4 connection error to SAP system [SB1/00]

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NoPermissionException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. Wrong security principle/credentials.  Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.

Thanks,

Russ

Message was edited by: Russell Brooks I suspect the userID used is SM_COLL_SM1.  While the user has a green light and the message "User exists with recommended roles", a test of the ID shows the following dump: An error occured while processing the UME command READ_USER from agent sapbisb : com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: No data allowed here: (hex) 6a, 61, 76(:main:, row:1, col:41)(cause=com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException XMLParser: No data allowed here: (hex) 6a, 61, 76 (:main:, row:1, col:41)) : com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: No data allowed here: (hex) 6a, 61, 76(:main:, row:1, col:41) I've tried creating and assigning role Z_SPML_ADMIN to SM_COLL_SM1, but that does not fix it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

Check the user SM_COLL_<SOLMAN_SID> in the step 5 of the managed system configuration. Fix the credentials for this user. It should solve the bytecode adapter issue.

Regarding the 'No data allowed here', check the section "5.2.3 Exception while parsing SapOsCol Data…No data allowed here" of the document attached to note 1611483. There is an issue with the SAP Host Agent.

1611483    SolutionManager7.1 - Outside Discovery common error messages

Please note that, for Solman 7.1 SAP Host Agent must be at level 7.20 SP93 according to note 1365123

1365123    Installation of Diagnostics Agents

Check the SAP Host Agent version in the managed system and update it if necessary.

This should solve this issue

BR,
Allam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Allam,

Many thanks for the great information.

I upgraded the sap host agent from sp91 to sp99, but still have the problem.

Note 1611483 points to note 1587142 which appears to say in addition to SAP Host Agent version 64, we need Kernel 7.10 sp95.  On Solution manager we are at Kernel 7.20 sp90, so I assume we're good.

I'm wondering if the wizard is having trouble with CUA.  The managed system is typically controlled by CUA running on a different solution manager.

I've tried disabling CUA, deleting the SM_COLL_SM1 ID in SU01 and UME, and trying to recreate.  The ABAP user is recreated and assigned roles, but it fails to recreate the JAVA ID.  From the configuration, the JAVA ID would be pulled from the solution manager system that has the CUA.  I can recreate the JAVA ID and assign the roles and passwords, and the user turns green with the comment that the user exists with the correct authorizations.  The test button still fails with the "No data allowed here".  And since the user is in a questionable state, the bytecode setup fails.

Thanks and best regards,

Russ

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi russ,

I checked the Security Guide for Solman 7.1 and to update the password for SM_COLL<SID> it is necessary to update it in the VA as well. Please check the section '11.9.6 Technical User SM_COLL_<SIDof SolMan>' of the document to see if the password is correct in all locations.

Regarding the "No data allowed here", try to restar the SAP Host Agent and the SMDAgent at OS level.

BR,

Allam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allam,

No joy.

I set the password explicitly in SU01 and tested via an RFC.  In Java I went into UME and set the password by hand.  I couldn't log onto NWA with that ID, but thinking that was due to it being a technical user, I changed it to default and tried again.  Still get an authentication error.  Very puzzling.

I looked at the section 11.9.6 of the PDF.  As far as I can tell both sm_coll_sm1 and sapsupport are setup appropriately in UME.

I restarted the sap host agent, smdagent, and all of JAVA.  No luck.

Thanks again for all your help,

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Allam,

I'm still getting the "no data allowed here" message when I test against the JAVA userIDs on the managed system.  I have upgraded the SAP Host Agent on both the managed and managing systems, version info follows as does the error I'm getting.

No users are locked on either system.

Any thoughts?

Thanks and best regards,

Russ

An error occured while processing the UME command READ_USER from agent sapbisb : com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: No data allowed here: (hex) 6a, 61, 76(:main:, row:1, col:41)(cause=com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException XMLParser: No data allowed here: (hex) 6a, 61, 76 (:main:, row:1, col:41)) : com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: No data allowed here: (hex) 6a, 61, 76(:main:, row:1, col:41)

Info: Retrieve version info: --------------------

Info: Retrieve version info: SAPHOSTAGENT information

Info: Retrieve version info: --------------------

Info: Retrieve version info: kernel release                720

Info: Retrieve version info: kernel make variant           720_REL

Info: Retrieve version info: compiled on                   AIX 2 5 00092901D600                                              for rs6000_64

Info: Retrieve version info: compiled for                  64 BIT

Info: Retrieve version info: compilation mode              Non-Unicode

Info: Retrieve version info: compile time                  Mar 24 2012 04:44:58

Info: Retrieve version info: patch number                  99

Info: Retrieve version info: latest change number          1317221

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

Check in the  managed system if the JAVA admin user provided in the step 'Enter System Parameter' has enough authorizations as described in note 1647157

1647157 - How to Set up Access to the SPML Service on AS Java

If not, you need add the authorizations to the user.

There is also note, but it is not valid for your case because you have a higher version of SAP Host Agent.

1674064 - saposcol: generated hardware XML file corrupted

Allam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allam,

Thank you for the response.  I've created the Java profile earlier and I'll test with it as soon as possible.  Unfortunately after installing the bytecode adapter the wizard requested the Java stack be restarted.  server0 is not restarting, giving the error described in note 1015184.

I've opened a message with the Wily people to clarify a couple of things in that note.  First, it looks like the button to specify AIX specific settings is missing or moved in Solution Manager 7.1, so the automated setup isn't working. 

The manual portion of the note appears to have us edit xmls on both the managed and managing systems.  The problem with that is we also have some Windows based systems running CE that need to monitored.  If we alter the managing system for AIX, is it going to work for Windows?

As soon as they respond to the message and I get JAVA to restart, I'll immediately try the profile you're suggesting.

Thanks again,

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allam,

I'm not getting any response on my customer message, so I'm still working on the problem.

The managed system is NW 7.0 EHP1 SP6, so I assume note 1024539 is applicable.  I upgraded the JVM per the recommendation (it was already at base SR13).  The unlimited strength Jursdiction Policy zip file that we have been using is still in the same directory ( /usr/java14_64/jce ), so I left it alone. The environmental variables had already been updated for <SID>adm (not smdadm), presumably by Solution Manager. I removed the instance.properties.vmprop file and updated the dispatcher and server node JVM parameters.

Using a combination of the information in note 1015184 and the Introscope Version 8 installation Guide for SAP, I recreated the Autoprobe connector, as smdadm in the appropriate directory, with the following string:

/usr/java14_64/bin/java -Dcom.wily.autoprobe.prependToJVMRuntimePath=/usr/java14_64/jre/lib/jclSC14/classes.zip -jar CreateAutoProbeConnector.jar -jvm  /usr/java14_64 -output AutoProbeConnector.jar

When I restart the Java cluster I get:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stdout/stderr redirect
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
node name   : server0
pid         : 1024190
system name : SB1
system nr.  : 00
started at  : Thu Apr  5 09:24:48 2012

[Thr  1] MtxInit: 10001 0 0

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<verbosegc version="200902_24">

JVM Directory = /usr/java14_64/jre
[ERROR] Attempting to run an AutoProbe Connector with an incompatible JVM (expected checksum = 1458926305, actual checksum = 1975952064)
[ERROR] To fix, re-generate the AutoProbe Connector with the current JVM.
</verbosegc>

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks and best regards,

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allam,

I may have figured it out.

We're running on AIX 6.1 using the J9 JVM.  We have Java 14.2 installed everywhere. The diagnostic agent version on the managed systems is 7.10.3.2.20111216041007, so SAPJVM is not installed.

I suspect that the automated upgrade of the diagnostic agent on the managed system is not working because we aren't configured in SMD to use J9. We can't manually create the Autoprobe jar file specifying J9 because we are using the wrong JVM (14.2 versus SAPJVM). I assume I need to deinstall the diagnostic agent and install at least the 7.20 diagnostic agent.

Does that sound correct?

Best regards,

Russ Brooks

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

It is being hard to find time to help here in the SDN.

As you have Solman 7.3, it is required the agent 7.3, refer to the document attached to note 1365123 (slide 15).

Anyway, as you have AIX and use JDK 1.4.2 check if note 1093831 can help you.

BR,

Allam

Answers (0)