cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my company we use SRM version 5 and MDM version 5.5 , we are planning to upgrade the SRM to version 7.

My questions:

1)Will already implemented BADI's  work after upgrade?

2)Is the current MDM version work with the new SRM version?

3)Do you have any documentation with steps of implementation , SAP notes etc?

4)The functionalities keep working the same way?

5)Are there changes in the SUS?

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

I may not be able to answer all but will try it out.

1)Will already implemented BADI's  work after upgrade?  - NO, some code changes will be required in the BADI implementations. Most of the BADI are there in 7.0 also but some of them have become obselete. Like bbp_ui_its badi which is very prominent in 5.0 this is obselete in 7.0

And the most imp badi's like doc_change, doc_check, doc_save....they are avaiable in 7.0 and can be used also. But code changes are required. The main code change is, in 5.0 in these badi all the condition check or the if stmt will be checking for the transaction code. Like if tcode = **** do some actions, all of them need to be replaced with the check of bus object type this is main change and many other will also be there, depending upon the scenario

2)Is the current MDM version work with the new SRM version? - yes it can be used. But again settings should be done for the same

3)Do you have any documentation with steps of implementation , SAP notes etc? - Please check the sap service market place for the documentation for the upgrade. You will get all the materials. You need to have user id and pwd for the same

The url is https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~SAPIDP/002006825000000234912001E

4)The functionalities keep working the same way? - it depends. Standard functionality will work. But if you have some custom dev done in 5.0 it need to be done in 7.0 also and in different way. Like for eg: in 5.0 its ITS screen whereas in 7.0 its webdynpro. The new fields or any custom field is added in separate way in 7.0. Even structure change is also required. In 5.0 all the custom fields are in some structures like ci_bbp*** whereas in 7.0 its in incl_eew_cust***

5)Are there changes in the SUS? - Nothing much but i am not sure.

Regards,

Robin