cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New .net connector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone used the new connector much? It seems like there is limited functionality compared to older versions. Seems like they integrated better with ADO.net better before.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

I use it all the time, and find it to be much improved over previous versions.  I don't believe there is anything limited about it.  What integration with ADO.Net are you looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Justin,

I was worked with new version, It's working fine and I am also agree with case Ahr statement.

can you give clarity on your question.

Best Regadrs,

Harish.y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if you saw the below? Do you have any feedback?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if you saw the below?

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

mySAP is not at all the same thing as the .NET Connector.  Microsoft's BizTalk Adapter is probably the closest thing to that.

Another alternative, which I currently do at my company, is direct T-SQL to the ECC database itself.  We perform direct pulls from our SQL Server backend database through SSIS using traditional OLEDB data sources.  You could do the same thing using traditional ADO.NET, if you wanted.  But the .NET connector allows the use of an SAP username and password, whereas the direct SQL would require the setup of a separate SQL Server or Windows-based login.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, great thanks. If the main thing that we want to do is call BAPI functions, IDOCS and RFC's, in your opinion what is the best connector to use?

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

Calling BAPI's in the new .NET Connector is super easy.  I'm pleased with how well it performs.

See sample code here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1876430

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, well we have gone with the Biz talk one which helps. Thanks for your help.

Do you know of a way that we can test this? Do you get SAP emulators or something that you can test the code against without having a full SAP installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Case,

Thanks for the help in the past. Just when we thought that we had solved our issue, we have seen that from the begining of the year MS have changed the licensing on the BizTalk adapter. It is now not a option.

The .Net Connector is great except that you can only call and configure the BAPI functions at Design time.

Do you know of another connector/way that we can use which is free whick allows for calling the BAPI's at runtime?

Many thanks,

Justin

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you be more specific?  You don't actually call the BAPI at design time.  In design time, you simply code the call.  The call is made at runtime.  What function are you trying to perform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is that we don't want to code specific a specific BAPI function at Design time. We want the user to be able to state the BAPI they wish to call, hit Run and the app will execute the user defined BAPI and return its results.

The BizTalk adapter also allowed for Transact SQL commands to SAP, example

EXEC [BAPI_FUNCTION] @Parameter1 @Parameter2

This allowed our users to define the above command at Runtime.

Hope this helps to explain what we trying to achieve.

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can definitely build something like that using the SAPNCo 3.0.  You just build the user interface that allows the user to pick a BAPI and feed it the inputs and outputs, such as shown below.

Dim sapFunction As IRfcFunction = myDestination.Repository.CreateFunction(theSelectedBAPI)

sapFunction.SetValue(inputOne, "PLUG IN A VALUE")

sapFunction.SetValue(inputTwo, "PLUG IN A VALUE")

' etc.

Dim bapiErrorsStructureName as String = "PLUG IN A NAME"

Dim outputTableName as String = "PLUG IN A NAME"

sapFunction.Invoke(myDestination)

Dim sapErrors As IRfcStructure = sapFunction.GetStructure(bapiErrorsStructureName)

Dim sapOutTable As IRfcTable = sapFunction.GetTable(outputTableName)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not a problem to use BAPI dynamically , you can query the function return from repository and Display in UI.

In one of my customers I've built "mass maintenance"  application which build update program by defining sequence of FM call's with input data,const data and data from previous FM call's.

in order to do that in off-line mode I've wrapped SAP NCO Function object with my own dynamic object ( using .NET FW 4) , the main purpose of wrapping NCO object is for UI.

I Use WPF which is great for dynamic runtime UI ( with binding).

Yarden

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The older “mySAP business suite ADO.net provider” seemed to adhere to the standard System.Data interfaces : IDbConnection and IDbCommand etc

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.idbconnection.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.idbcommand.aspx

The older version also seemed to also support using T-SQL through the SAPCommand and SAPConnection on the provider to access data from the SAP server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI todd,

I was little busy with my work. Sorry for the delay,

Please read the my recent wiki regarding .net sap connector.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=263291953

Best Regards,

Harish.Y

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice post, Harish!  That really shows some flexibility that I was not aware of until now.  I will be bookmarking right away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the help in the past. Just when we thought that we had solved our issue, we have seen that from the begining of the year MS have changed the licensing on the BizTalk adapter. It is now not a option.

The .Net Connector is great except that you can only call and configure the BAPI functions at Design time.

Do you know of another connector/way that we can use which is free whick allows for calling the BAPI's at runtime?

Many thanks,

Justin