Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM SNP:PL-ORD not ciffed to ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have implemented MTS & MTO scenario.

The issue is: for MTO the SNP PL-ORD created by CTM SNP aren't ciffed on ECC side. They are ciffed only if I made the conversion from SNP PL-ORD to PP/DS PL-ORD.

For MTS, I don't have any transfer problem for SNP PL-ORD or PP/DS PL-ORD. 

Is there a system constraint or I missed something at configuration level?

Thanks, Marius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Publication of SNP (including CTM) depends on the following 2 configuration settings.

1. Distribution definition: This config setting allows to select which order type can be published from APO to ECC. SPRO path - IMG-> Integration with SAP components -> Integration via APO CIF -> Basic Settings for Data transfer -> Publication.

2. Configure transfer to OLTP systems (SPRO path - IMG -> APO -> Supply Chain Planning -> SNP -> Basic Settings -> Configure Transfer to OLTP Systems). Here, you can manage the publication transfer type i.e. either manual or automatic or block certain order types.

If you maintain these settings, your CTM planned orders will be transferred to ECC.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

1. Already maintained for: External procurement, In House Production, Planned Independent Requirement, Sales Order, Shipment, Delivery and Reservation

2. Already maintained for: SNP immediat transfer, CTM immediat transfer

The issue is just for MTO The CTM PPDS PL-ORD are transfered but CTM SNP PL-ORD no.

For MTS the SNP PL-ORD, CTM SNP PL-ORD and PPDS PL-ORD are transfered with any issue.

Thank you, Marius

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marius,

Thanks for the feedback and good to know that the known confg settings were already made. Could you please check the logs of CTM execution (t.code /SAPAPO/CTMAPLOG and SLG1) for any possible red flags and detailed information on MTO planned order transfer to ECC?

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I don't have any red flag and any log for detailed information. In /SAPAPO/C41 the parameter is X - Standard

The CTM optimizer log data is green. The CTM create all needed CTM SNP PL-ORD on APO side and basically are transferred on R3 side but I'm not able to see them in transaction MD04.

I don't have any blocked queue!

Thanks, Marius

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Are you sure that your planned order has got transferred?

If it has got transferred, then you should be able to see the number of the planed order in RRP3 in APO, and then you should be able to see that planned order in the t-code in R/3 for planned order MD13.

If you only see some number in RRP3 which is APO internal number (it could be something like APO<XYZ>, that means that the planned order has not yet been transferred to R/3. In this case, it would also mean that the planned order has not yet been published to R/3, so it might have got stuck in a queue, or it might be lying in CPP, or you are missing some kind of config to send it to R/3.

Please let us know.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I don't have any blocked queue.

On APO side (RRP3) the created CTM SNP PL-ORD is: 2012.03.29 00:00:00 SNP:PL-ORD 4738621/1

On R3 side (MD13) if I check this order number (4738621) i have the message that does not exist.

I repeat that for MTS I don't have any issue to transfer CTM SNP PL-ORD and CTM PPDS PL-ORD on R3 side.

Thanks, Marius

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I repeat that for MTS I don't have any issue to transfer CTM SNP PL-ORD and CTM PPDS PL-ORD on R3 side.                  

Hi Marius,

your statement above has only a little relevance since a particular location-product would be either MTS or MTO, but not both. You have some issue for SNP Planned orders for MTO materials. MTS materials are not having the issue in your case, so something is missing for planned orders of the  MTO materials.

Did you already check that the planned orders for these MTO location-products are included in some active IM (integration model)? You could check this in CFM5 in R/3. If planned orders of the MTO materials are not yet included, then add them to an IM, and it should help.

Thanks - Pawan

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius

Are you using a new  CTM  profile to plan this particular material . If so you have to check the settings tab in the profile and see what settings you have got for R/3 integration - if it says no transfer then obviously your orders wont be transferred to R/3

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Yes IM for Planned orders exist. Don't forget that CTM PPDS PO are transfered.

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

For MTO, I'm using two CTM profile. The first is for SNP and the second is for PPDS. In the both case the transfer mode is: Transfer new and deleted orders

Thanks, Marius

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

It looks like a complicated issue as all the known config settings were applied and there was no clue from the application log.

While searching SAP notes, I came across the following note and thought it might be helpful and worth a try. https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/996299

Per note, please maintain the CTM profile for SNP to add planning parameter BUCKET_MAKE_TO_ORDER with value1=X  (t.code /SAPAPO/CTM; Control -> Planning Parameters) and also select Fixed Pegging option (CTM -> Strategies -> Planning Strategies -> Pegging Type) to rule out any issues with pegging network.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius

Did you try to run CIF Delta Report (/SAPAPO/CCR) for these location Product and it can identify and rectify the issue? If you are facing some error, let us know.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Sorry for the delay but I was very busy. The note can't be implemented. We have 5.1 version and the note is for 5.0.

I found a note 358034 that explain the symtom. Unfortunately is for version 3.0.

Symptom

It was not possible to transfer orders generated by CTM directly into R/3. They could only be transferred by first converting the SNP orders into PP/DS orders.
With Support Package 8 for APO3.0A, orders generated by CTM can now be transferred directly to R/3. Non-fixed R/3-orders can also be deleted during a CTM run.

I will open a message. I think that the issue is a program error.

Thanks guys for your help, Marius

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

In one of the projects, we maintained the parameter BUCKET_MAKE_TO_ORDER in the CTM profile. No need to implement apply any note. Probably, you can give shot to see whether it fixes, otherwise SAP has to look into this issue.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Note 832393 - Release Restrictions for SCM 5.0

Make to order process in CTM

Since SCM 4.0 CTM can also support Make to Order + This is only possible when using CTM time continous planning. (this is CTM PPDS)

I really think that it's a system limit. CTM Bucket Oriented Planning (SNP) for MTO is not supported. However at least the CTM Heuristic create SNP PL-ORD and then with conversion all things are OK. 

Your note 996299 is for CTM MTO PPDS

You are in Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) mode and in the CTM profile, you chose the variant for the bucket-oriented planning in the field for the planning type............

Thanks, Marius

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Thanks for the information.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marius,  I guess it checks SNP and PPDS production horizon slaps. Because of this the SNP planned order not pushing into ECC and when it got converted to PPDS it pushed.

Please check at your end both maintained horizons of SNP and PPDS.

Regards;

A.S.Kumar