Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching Crystal Reports via BOBJ InfoView

former_member318517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

The Developers have created a Crystal Report that sits on BOBJ InfoView where they want a typical end user to be able to run.  The report jumps over to ECC and brings back data from the MARA table.  Now, I'm new to this but figured that at the very least the security required on the ECC side would be some RFC access and then S_TABU_DIS 03 / MA.  Certain RFCs are required but also object ZSEGREPORT with activity 02.  Which was originally required for the developers to create the report.  I did some digging and found discussions surrounding tcode /CRYSTAL/RLS where once you create a custom auth object you can link them to a particular table in in tcode.

I build object Z_TABL, linked it to MARA in that tcode, added it to the security role, added MARA to the field name TABLE (only field in Z_TABL) tried to run the report again with the TestID and again it wanted ZSEGREPORT with activity 02.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the authorization object ZSEGREPORT is only checked in function module /CRYSTAL/OSQL_EXECUTE_QUERY. It's always checked for activity 02. Unfortunately, the developers did not maintain a list of allowed activities. But it seems to me that activity 02 gives you right to execute report. Hence every user will need authorization for this object. Also note 1213190 confirms my assumption. Check also notes 1217597 and 1342440 (this note suggests assigning * to S_RFC which does not sound right).

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thank you Martin for that info.  OK, don't like needing ZSEGREPORT with 02 for just viewing crystal reports but so be it.  And yes, I know about the RFC access.  However, I was still uncertain about the report accessing table MARA.  Thought I needed to create a custom auth object through tcode /CRYSTAL/RLS.  I created a custom object, linked it to table MARA in that tcode, added the object to the role however I am able to bring data back into the report without that object ever being checked in ST01.

Confusing.  I'll keep playing with it.

Tom

0 Kudos

Figured it out.  Needed to have "Allow access to only tables listed above" checked.  My custom object still doesn't show up in the trace but if object is not in the security role then I get a different error message about not being able to access table MARA.

Thanks.