Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM Building Block Library

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone guide me on where i can find the building blocks relevent to SCM APO - DP, SNP, PPDS, gATP.

Br,

Valavan.B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valavan,
If you are referring to the 'Best Practices' Building Blocks for SCM 5.0, SAP discontinued supporting that package quite a while ago.  Up until 2012, the docs were still available for online review in one of the help.sap.com directories, if you knew the link (for posterity, it was http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/index.htm.)  However, this site is no longer accessible.  In addition, the DVD is no longer available in SWDC.

There are still a few pages of selected docs cached in Google, but I haven't been able to find any complete docs left.  These also are disappearing.  I also have not seen these docs published elsewhere in the usual P2P sites.

This loss is a real tragedy.  I can't count the number of times I used these docs to assist me in installing APO applications.

If your company has a license for SCM 5.0, you may be able to get a copy of the BP docs through your SAP account manager.

I wish I could give you better news, but all SAP documentation eventually is retired from public access.  Looking forward, I suggest that when you find a SAP doc to be useful, you download or purchase the DVD.

Regretfully,
DB49

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy ,

Thanks for the information. Yes the loss is real tragedy When it is still available for other products ECC, SRM, BI...... but why not for SCM alone. It was a self explanatory content and SAP should have kept it which will help for easy implemntation....

Thnaks again for the information. I was searching for a long time to locate this content

Br,

Valavan.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats really a tragic.

I was looking for one of the building blocks in APO today and found some cached pages from paleolithic era but they were not relevant to me.

Why do you think SAP would have discontinued the building blocks. When they were free I didnt download them. Sad.

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gulab,

Why do you think SAP would have discontinued the building blocks.

If you really want to know the answer, you should ask them, rather than relying on someone from a forum to speculate. 

This policy is practiced throughout help.sap.com with ALL of their documentation. This is not the first document suite to be removed from public access, and I doubt it will be the last.

If your company (or your client's company) has a licence to the software, you may be able to work through your SAP account manager to get a copy of any documentation you still need.  'Paying customers' (e.g. Licence fees) always can command attention at SAP.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valavan,

For DP it is SCM220, SNP SCM230, PPDS SCM250 and GATP SCM670. You can search in google and download these documents.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.