cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout when attach many files in WD4A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are after upgrade to NW 7.02 (SAPKA70210) and I've noticed that something wrong is going wwith FileUpload UI Elements in WebDynpro ABAP (to be honest, my users have noticed).

For example when I run WD application WDR_TEST_EVENTS and go to the View FileUpload. In this view there are two FileUpload elements, when I try to attach two large files (~10 MB) in the same time (Browse file for two FileUpload elements and press button 'Perform Upload') after few secons I got an error:

• The following error occurred in system  : User session (HTTP/SMTP/..) closed after timeout
  • The error occurred on application server  and in work process 5 .
  • The termination type was: ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE
  • The ABAP call stack was:
    Method: PREPROCESS_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP===CP
    Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP
    Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST_FROM_MEMORY of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP
    Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME
    Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

In ST22 i see DUMP:

• Category               ABAP Programming Error
  • Runtime Errors         UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION
  • Except.                CX_WDR_TRACE
  • ABAP Program           CX_WDR_TRACE==================CP
  • Application Component  BC-WD-ABA
  • Date and Time          28.03.2012 16:32:21
  • The exception 'CX_WDR_TRACE' was raised, but it was not caught anywhere along
    the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations and this error was not adequately responded to, the running ABAP program
      'CX_WDR_TRACE==================CP' has to be
     terminated.

Today I've implemented notes "1677772 - new exception trace for file upload" and  "1654190 - WDA: Help for better analysis of short dumps" but logs from report WD_EXCEPTION_INFOS didn't give me a proper answer.

Before upgrade it was working and users can attach many files in the same time and there was no error. In our organization we use many WD4A application and almost every one have a feature to attach multiple files. I choose this technology because it was stable, but this is a seriuos problem for me. maybe someone of you have the same problem/error? Above I've presented example from standard SAP WD4A application, and maybe someone of you can check if have the same situation.

Best Regards,

Miko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find a solution for your above issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I send message to SAP Support Team, and they created note for me 1731985. But unfortunatelly, this note doesn't resolve my problem fully. This note only chnages dump for a error message.

Best Regards,

Miko

dharma_esampalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miko,

As you said that 'Note' didn't resolve your error. I'm even facing the same error.. How did you solve it finally ? Got any solution ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check with your basis team to look for Profile parameters?

What is the value set for TIMEOUT.

Regards,

Karthi M