cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source control with MII (errors)

0 Kudos

Hi folks!

We have now upgraded to Netweaver 7.11 SP 09 and MII 12.2.3 Build 177 and struggle  with the source control in the MII workbench.

When we try to rename files, BLS or folders we get the following error:
RESOURCE_RENAME_ERROR FORBIDDEN [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV: forbidden]

Are there known bugs with the source control in this upgrade constelation or could it be an issue with privileges? Before the upgrade the source control was working not really perfect but a lot better.

greetings
Gerhard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

we have exactly the same rename issue with MII 12.1.9 on NW 7.11.8. And I am very sure, that it is not an authorization problem.

After I closed the RESOURCE_RENAME_ERROR FORBIDDEN popup, I could check in and activate the activity which I created for this rename action. But this activity contains a delete action instead of rename. After checking in and activating, this object was deleted.

Have you solved this issue by now?

Thanks and regards

Kanyin

0 Kudos

Hello Kanyin,

No I still have this problem, but I learned to live with it

We are working around this issue. Instead of renaming we copy the file and provide it with a new name.

Deletion of the file is carried out on check in, so we ignore the error message here.

greetings

Gerhard

0 Kudos

One additional error, just found:

Deleting Files is also not working without error message, but committing the activity is finally deleting the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard

From which NW SP release did you upgrade to NW 711 SP08? If it was before NW 711 SP5 then you should right click on the shared projects and select refresh. There are some changes in the MII Source Control which makes it run faster with NW 711 SP5 or higher but requires this step.

There is a SAP note available for the same i.e 1516383.

Regards,

Anuvrat

0 Kudos

Thank you Anuvrat for your reply.

I've now refresed my projects in the workbench, because it's true we upgraded from a Version lower than SP5.

But renaming and deleting files is still not possible. This is also a problem with new projects which were created after upgrading. So it seems to be another problem with the Source Control than described in the SAP note (file state).

Very annoying

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gerhard,

Did you try refreshing the project only or did you refresh the list of projects by right clicking on the server name (which is there at top of the file browser)?

Regards,

Anuvrat

0 Kudos

I've now also refreshed the server (top of the file browser in the workbench). This does not help.

I still think this is a bug in Source control. Is there anybody who uses Source Control on Netweaver SP 09 and MII 12.2.3 (Build 177)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

We are using 12.2.3(Build 167) but we didn't face any such problem with source control at all.It sometimes happen that we are trying to rename a transaction or any other file when it is being being checked out by somebody else only then it gives an error as for renaming we have to check it out by our activity.So,not sure why this is happening.Was it working fine before upgradation of the patch?

Thanks & Regards,

Shawna

0 Kudos

Shawna,

It was working fine before patching, but we were on the ramp up version MII 12.2.0 and were hoping for other improvements.

Gerhard

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard

If your only problem is deleting and renaming I would say there may be a problem with the authorizations on your track? Can you check this side? From the error message it looks like your user does not have the rights for it. So please check this.

Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

I am using a user with NWDI Administrator rights. Where and how can I check the "authorizations for the track" (as you suggested)?

Thx

Gerhard