cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts not getting raised for Errors from Java stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have newly installed PI 7.3 systems and I am trying to configure an alert in one of my scenario. I checked all the blogs and discussions on SDN (sorry SCN ) but couldn't find the missing link.

Standard program RSALERTTEST works perfectly fine for my alert category but when I had mapping error, alert is not getting raised. Also I have unchecked Suppress Multiple Alerts check box on Alert configuration.

When checked with RSALERTTEST, I found following message "

*! Communication_Failure:Error when opening an RFC connection (LB: Hostname or service of the message server unknown#DEST =XIalrt#MSHOST =appl)." It seems something related to message server. Actually I guess we have a different message server (server with different IP and hostname) for our PI instance. Now the for transaction SALRT1, it is specified as NONE because PI server is expected to be the alert server. All the TCPIP destinations are configured with PI server hostname.

All Java components like Integration builder, mapping runtime are running fine as well. any idea whether we have to configure a RFC destination for a message server.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Alerts from the Integration Engine are sent using the RFC destination CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts to the central monitoring server.  

This destination is created automatically as soon as the first alert is sent from the Integration Engine. The required technical settings and logon information are read from the exchange profile.

If you do not change the corresponding parameters in the exchange profile then the destination is not updated automatically. You can then either adapt or delete the destination manually. If you delete the destination then it is automatically recreated by the Integration Engine with the next alert.

Please check the RFC destination CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts Configuration and do Connection Test if it exists.

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect. I checked the RFC destination and it was having wrong address to message server. I changed that and now its working fine. Thanks a lot..

regards

rajeev

Answers (0)