cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the mail subject for SRM Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My SAP-SRM system is  SAP EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0.

We have configured the workflow for the Chopping cards. When the workflow item must be approved by a employee he gets a standard  e-mail notification that there is a workflow item in his inbox.

This e-mail notification is created with a batch job which runs the report “/SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND” for objects BUS2121.

Now I want to change the subject of the e-mail notification but I couldn’t find the place or text to change the e-mail subject.

Could someone guide or tell me where I could change the e-mail subject of the workflow notification in SAP-SRM 7.0?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Richard Meijn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

pls check this badi   BBP_OFFLINE_APP_BADI whcih is responsible for email communication from approval.

debug  the method MAIL_DATA_GET and MAIL_CREATE with the event APPROVAL_PROCESS_DOC_REJECTED and businees type BUS2121.  try to check the body of the e-mail and about the content.

the body of the emial should be in the smartform BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION also check above event which SF is being called and the contents.

if you want to the change in e-mail content or cover body then you should copy the SM  BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION as  Z BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION and use the badi BBP_CHANGE_SF_SC

before debug the badi you have to keep bp at your badi implementation .

go to se38 execute the report “/SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND”. it will jump to the same place where you keep bp in your implementation.

regards

sahil p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks so far but could you help me a ;little bit further.

I'm vermiliar with BAPI's and not with BADI's. So could you guide me a little though the transaction to view the BADI and where I could change the source code?

Kind regards,

Richard Meijn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

You need to go to transaction SE18/SE19 to create a custom implementation of the BADI BBP_OFFLINE_APP_BADI.Then in the method MAIL_DATA_GET of the badi,to change the subject line,you will need to change the parameter CV_MAIL_SUBJECT.

For more help on BADI,seach in forums or refer this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/383037

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mithun_kukke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Easiest way to change the subject line is to goto the transaction PFTC and select the task for which you need the subject line changed and change it under Basic data --> Work Item text. Here you can provide a custom definition for your task.

Regards

MKK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mkk,

Thanks for your reply but so far I know with the tr-PFTC I could change the subject of the mail item in the workflow and not the general notification that there are workflow items?

Kind regards,

Richard Meijn

mithun_kukke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Is the notification a task. If so you can change it in PFTC again.

Regards

MKK