Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Control in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the following problem.

I have storage process (INB1 - This has two steps of unloading and then putaway) assigned to WM process type 1011.

Now whenever i create a delivery and assign it to a TU and proceed to create the unloading Task for the HU i can see the following difference.

If the staging area and door determintaion is set then the storage process INB1 is not displayed for the HU. Consequently if i create the task it creates only one task with process type1011

However if the staging area and door determination is not set then the storage process INB1 is displayed for the HU. Now if i manually maintain the Staging area in the delivery then create the task ..it creates two task as required one for unloading and one for putaway.

How do i set up both the task with automatic storage area determination

Regards

Sandeepan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeepan,

In this instance the door and TU determination is checked if you have not maintained any data in the Process Oriented Storage Control in the Define Process-Oriented Storage Control in customizing. You might want to check the external steps determination there, for example step IB01.

But anyway, this is the link that i found between the POSC and door/TU determination.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu,

What i have noticed is that if the Staging bay is maintained in staging area and door determination. Then the Goods Movement Bin is populated in the inbound delivery. In that case the storage process control is not applicable.

Howver if the storage area is determined but the storage bay is not maintained then the goods movement bin in delivery is not populated and the storage process control comes into picture.

This may be a basic question. But as i see it if the Goods movement bin is already populated in the IBD then the storage process is no more applicable. Is that a correct conclusion.

Regards

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeepan,

I'm affraid I cannot conclude that that is correct, we for example have both the storage area and the goods movement bin (goods reciept door) determined in the ID and still the POSC has been determined. The warehouse process type 1011 takes control and is determned by the inbound delivery category/item category. Did you check that the POSC is allocated in the 1011 master?Anyway this is a trully interesting topic .

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu,

I have assigned the Process control key (in my case INB1) to the master data of warehouse process type 1011.

Still i am facing two different behavior. If the staging bay is determined (via the staging area and door determination) and the stagin bay bin is there in the ID as the Goods movement bin then the handling unit doesnot have the Process control assigned. Note that unlike in your case the goods movement bin is the staging bay (in your case i think it is the  goods movement bin (goods reciept door)). Could this be the problem.

The reason why is asked if the goods movement bin if populated leads to direct putaway without storage control is because for eg if i assign the process control key (INB1) to warehouse process 1010. The system always goes through direct putaway. I feel that is because the Sourec Storage bin is maintained for this process type. The same bin is copied as the goods movement bin in the Delivery.

Regards
Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sndeepan,

Indeed, in my case the goods movement bin (door goods receipt) exists in the ID and the staging area isn't. Interesting point though, we have both the warehouse process types (1010 and 1011) with their source storage bins maintained although the difference between them being that 1010 isn't with storage process maintained and 1011 is. Could it be from the combination of source storage bin and storage process that the system determines that this is mandatory for storage process? It is worth  try, you could let INB1 on 1010 and allocate source storage bin and see if the receiving is done directly this time. Initially I said that it is from the activity both this proved to be wrong because both 1010 and 1011 have the same activity (PTWY). Please respond if the conclusion from above is correct or if there is another cause to this behavior. I am very curious about this.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu,

What i have found by working around with the source storage type and bin in process code 1011 is that if the source storage type is of category (Staging area) then the  process storage control doesnot comes into play. However if the source storage type is of category (Door or Yard) then the process storage control is used.

Regarding the difference in behavior between 1010 and 1011 i am nbot sure. I have assigned the same config in both and the same source storage type, still the HU task is not created for 1010. I have posted a separate message to know if there is any other configuration which controls this differenece in behavior between 1010 and 1011 or if it is internally programmed that way.

Regards

Sandeepan