cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install AS JAVA on my existing NetWeaver v7.01 system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am fighting to perform a SPEND v2.1 install and the prerequisite is NetWeaver v7.01 ABAP+JAVA. I know nothing about NetWeaver so I assume that the ABAP+JAVA means AS ABAP and AS JAVA? If I am correct then I have already installed NetWeaver v7.01 and AS ABAP however, I am having problems finding out how to install AS JAVA as a follow-on process and not as part of the original install.

I have re-run the SAPInst.EXE utility and selected the following:

However, I don’t know what is required as this screen and I have tried everything. Can anyone help please?

Regards

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Download DVD with Title as "NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1 Java based SW Comp" and point it here. It may have multiple parts. Download it from SMP.

I cant give you the DVD number as I dont a SQL server license.

Nirmal.K

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please download DVD number 51037093 from service market place and give this DVD location in

sapinst.

Regards, Premsukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premsukh,

Thanks for your help and if you are able to provide the path through the SMP menu options to get to that DVD that would be great. This is not something I am familiar with ourside my product area.

Regards

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Brian,

Just go to https://websmp102.sap-ag.de. Navigate to software downloads. click on search for software downloads and give the dvd#51037093. You should get the required DVDs.

Best Regards,

Atulya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install the JAVA Stack on NW v7.01 that already has the ABAP Stack installed to make this an ABAP+JAVA system. I used the DVD you sugested and I got much further, however when it asked my for the SAP System ID, I typed in the existing ID for the NW v7.01 ABAP system and I got the following error:

Can you help me please?

Thanks

Brian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow Premsukh. He is correct!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Here you need to point your JAVA components for example the older structure looks like this:

Once you extracted the files , look for the folder called DATS_UNITS >> JAVA_J2EE_OSNIDEP_UT, then selected label.as file here and hope it should find the correct media here and your installation will be continued.

Thanks

naveen