cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we display a Custom Message on POD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to display a custom message on POD in an activity hook at POST_COMPLETE hook point.Is it possible? And I am trying to raise an exception on POD in the same activity hook however the standard message is displaying. Is there any way to pass custom message to standard message system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daria_segeda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Grant,

According to your question about plugins. It's a common information. We can not display custom success messages in POD. Such customization is possible only when we have task to create custom POD plugin.

So for scenarion with POST-COMPLETE hook this will not help.

To display error message in POD new POST-COMPLETE custom hook should simply throw exception.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daria

If I understand you, the standard ME functionality allows for configuring a Post-Complete Activity Hook but does not provide any capability to respond back to the operator regarding a success message for that Activity?

Please tell me that this is a missed design (to be corrected later) and not a WAD?

Grant

Former Member
0 Kudos

The inability to display a success message from a hook is caused by a key design decision.  Server-side business logic should not be tightly coupled with GUIs.    It requires a custom POD plugin to display this success message. 

The separation of business logic on the server side from the client-side GUI limits the interaction between these two layers.  The hooks run on the server side and cannot easily communicate with the client side.  That is why a custom POD plugin is needed to display this.

In a world of abundant resources, we would probably design an alternate communications channel for these messages, but other tasks always seem to get in the way.

daria_segeda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

There is no way to pass custom success message to standard POD message system. If hook raise an exception it will be shown on POD.

If you develop a new POD plugin you can display your own message in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daria

I'm a little concerned about the POD plug-in part of the answer, can you please clarify?

We have a POST-complete activity on an operation in the routing that is capturing an exception. I have seen exception messages from other core post-complete activities use the POD error message path to respond back to the operator and roll-back the COMPLETE transaction.

Therefore there must be a way for the POST-COMPLETE activity to pass an error message back to the message pathway.

I don't see how a custom pod plug-in will effect this?

Am I wrong?