Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOCK TRANSFER AFTER INSPECTION LOT.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Expert,

I have a scenario ,for good receive, I have ordered 100 cane of paint, 5 kg each.as we r doing source inspection we receive 2 cane before for inspection.so the pending cane with vendor is 98 cane.after the QC accepted the vendor will sent the pending 98 cane to us.My issue is that how can we identify that 2 cane is with quality department and also it show the pending amount of paint with QC dept.(means the quality people used 1kg paint for testing Remaining 9 kg is with QC department) and 98 cane is send to store.

Also tell me the configuration steps & which sampling procedure is used for this process.

Best Regards,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems like a straight forward 01 inspection type.  You receive 10 kg.  The 01 lot is created.  When the QC lab is done inspection they post 1 kg to sample, (which basically writes it off the system) and they post the other 9kg to reserves. 

In the 01 inspection type in the "control inspection lot" field you set the control to "each batch/ material/storage location". When you receive in the next 98 cans, it should go directly to unrestricted inventory. 

FF

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Fire Fighter,

Thanks for your reply,

My issue is not clear, I am doing source inspection,and but we not inspect any of the material at our end.We tell our vendor that if your 100 can is ready, then send 2 cane to testing lab for inspection ,from testing lab we get a certificate, if it ok then we inform vendor to send the remaining (98 cane to our plant) and also the testing lab to send our pending sample with our test certificate.so how it possible pls explain.

Best Regards

Asif

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Asif,

If you don't inward anything in your plant (of course in SAP) how SAP could give this information? This I guess needs to be maintained in separate excel records.

I also think, you need to inward entire 100 quantity (including 2 test sample + 98 remaining) in to your system anyhow in order to proceed for sample consumption and payment to vendor. Std SAP reports are available which help you giving PO wise detailed information.

Regards, Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Asif,

I agree with Anand below.  It's sounds like you never want the inventory in your plant but yet you want to track it?  You can't do both.  We kind of need to know some more info about your process.  If you are doing source inspection you must have a PO for the material and you must be doing a GR against it.  Is the material receipted into your plant?  It wasn't clear before but from your replies it appears your QC lab is an external lab.  I am also assuming that the external lab is not configured as a plant in your system.  Is that correct?

i am also guessing that your stores are set up as plants in the system.  Is that correct?  If you receipt the original PO in your plant for the source inspection, how do you move the material to the plant?  Or is the PO for the store itself?

As you can see... we don't have a good understanding of your process. So it is hard to make recommendations.

FF

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter & Anand.

Yes we have PO,on that basic we order the material.What i am saying that if i make a PO for 100 pic,Then we tell vendor that if our material is ready u inform us.As soon as he inform us we tell vendor to send 2 cane to our external lab for inspection.If we receive the certificate which conform OK.then we tell vendor to sen the pending 98 cane to our respective plant.(but the issue is that the order is for 100 cane we receive only 98  were the other 2 cane .so how can i show that 2 cane is with QC dept, for testing.All this i want to show in system.how it possible.(because our Head office issue the order & material is send to different plant)so system should so that 98 receive  & 2 cane is send for lab testing from QC dept.

Best Regards

Asif

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

I am trying to understand how exactly it could work. Not from quality perceptive but from IM and MM point of view.

You have created PO of 100 quantity

1. You have received ( you have done GR in SAP) 98.
  2. From MM point of view 2 are still balance to purchase order.
  3. Now when I think from vendor’s standpoint he is supposed to receive the payment of full 100. (considering entire lot and lab results as OK)
  4. But since 2 samples were destroyed  during testing by lab, vendor cannot provide the same.
  5. Perhaps your MM persons might be knocking this off by giving full payment of 100 even though you have received 98.
  6. Under such circumstances, balance quantity would always be the indication of quantity consumed for testing.

Another approach which I guess would be, you need in inward entire 100. Send 2 samples outside through MM and book this consumption against appropriate cost center.

Regards,

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your actual goal with regard to the 2 cans at the QC lab.  Do you need to actually see these and track these in inventory?  Or do you just need to account for them financially.  How you want to see these in the IM world is important here.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter,

My goal is that when we track that we should come to no the complete distribution of cane in different area.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

what you explain in point is completely right, we just want the track of consumption of cane.

Best Regards,

Asif

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. let's see.

You issue a PO. You get a source inspection for 100 cans.  The manufacturer sends two cans to the lab for testing. you get the cert from the lab and approve the source inspection lot and make UD. 

Now you should receive the full 100 cans against your PO.  This is really now an IM question and not QM because at this point you have approved the material and it is in unrestricted.  What you need is a way to account for the two cans at the lab.  The other 98 you do whatever you do to get them to the store.

So what you need to do is an IM movement that basically writes these two cans off.  Because as I understand it, you do not want to know the actual inventory of the paint at the external lab.  If you did, it wouldn't be much different.  You just need ot do material movements to put the 10 kg (2 cans) whereever you want.  Some optoins are:

Try movements 333 or 335 to remove the two cans and place to sampling.

Try movement 551 to write the two cans of material off.

To maintain accurate inventory, create a plant to represent the external lab.  Do a plant to plant transfer posting, movement 301 to move the ten kg to the lab plant.  Then a 551 to remove the 1 KG to destroyed. you can set the material up in this plant to have zero value since it is non-saleable material.

Your IM person can probably come up with more suggestions and ideas then me.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SInce you are doing inspection at your plan can you use the simple GR inspection typ 01. In inspection type for control inspection lot you maintain it as " For purchase order item batch storage loaction". So once you receive 2 cane and do GR system ll create the inspection lot and you can maintain 100% inspection. You do the inspection while doing stock posting you put 1 kg for sample usage and remaining qty in stor loc. The next time you receive the lot of remaining 98 canes system ll not create the inspection lot (Similar to Source inspection) . So you ll have count of every kg in your store.

regards,

Smruti

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Smruti,

Thanks for your reply,

My issue is not clear, I am doing source inspection,and but we not inspect any of the material at our end.We tell our vendor that if your 100 can is ready, then send 2 cane to testing lab for inspection ,from testing lab we get a certificate, if it ok then we inform vendor to send the remaining (98 cane to our plant) and also the testing lab to send our pending sample with our test certificate.so how it possible pls explain.

Best Regards

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi why you want to do source inspection when it is not required?

Is it for any other purpose?

Regards,

SMruti

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes is our requirement, because we distribute our chemicals directly to our all warehouse.so we have to do source inspection.so if it conformed in certificate that the material is ok.Then only we distribute in different region were our warehouse is there.