cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automap to Hierarchy at import with MDIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to map hierarchy nodes automatically during data load. That is, I get an XML file with main table records, and need to map the Hierarchy nodes from the file to the already exsiting Hierarchy in MDM.

My problem is that I have 4 levels in the Hierarchy, and it varies on which level the lowest node is. For one Hierarchy category, the lowest level is Level 4, and for another the lowest level is Level 2.

When importing the Hierarchy, I Partition the Levels, to create the hiearchy. Key Mapping is activated, and I believe that I should map something to [Remote Key] in Destination Fields. But, what should I map this field to from the Source fields?

In other words, what field(s) should I clone in the source to map to [Remote Key] destination field to get automatic mapping of Hierarchy-values when importing Main Table records containing Hierarchy data.

KR,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

In your case as you have some hierarchy with 2 and some with 3 it will be realy difficult to map one field to remote key.

So Remote key option wont work.Go to import manager and in that open map for main table and then go to configuration options and set Value Automap for Hierarchy as Leafnode and also set the property for Default MDIS handling.

Check if it works for you .

Regards,
Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the proposition.

Unfortunately it does not seem to work, setting:

Value automap --> Hierarchy = Leaf Nodes Only

Default MDIS handling --> Automap unmapped values = Yes

Is there any other way of doing this? The hierarchy cannot be changed. Is there any other changes I can perform to make this work?

One more thing:

I do not seem to be able to add attribute values that do not exist in MDM from before. I have set Setting:

Default MDIS Handling --> Unmapped value handling = Add

In short, it does not seem that the settings are doing any difference to my import map.

KR,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Request you to give a detailed example with something like real data.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Example is:

I have a hierarchy in MDM, with two categories like this:

"Parent node"   "Child node 1"   "Child node 2"   "Child node 3"

Category 1               X 1                     X 2

Category 1               Y 1                    Y 2               Y 3

I get a file with two main table records. First record has hierarchy field = Category 1->X1->X2. The second record has hierarchy field = Category 1->Y1->Y2->Y3.

In import, hierarchy field is automatically mapped between source and destination.

THe valuemapping is not performed automatically. In the source pane X2 and Y3 are the values, and the corresponding values exist in the hierarchical destination pane. However, these are not mapped automatically, which means that the entire map cannot be mapped automatically.

If all Categories in the hierarchy had the same amount of child nodes (ex. that my two records both had the lowest node level at Child node 2, i.e. X2 and Y2), I could map this level to [Remote Key]. As far as I know I cannot map both Child node 2 and 3 to remote Key.

I hope this was understandable.

Any suggestions?

KR,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Manual key mapping seemed to be the solution on this issue. Performed in Data Manager, and maintained each time a new hierarchy node is added.

KR,

Thomas

Answers (0)