Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

condition type descriptions

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

I have a question and I suppose that it hasn't solution. This is:

We have a lot of variables at the pricing procedure. As much as you can imagine. I can't create it all in the pricing procedure because it would be hundreds. Perhaps not, but they only know this point at the moment.

So I was thinking to create 5 or 7 generic pricing condition types with a generic description. But they wanted to have the possibility to type in different descriptions every time.

ctyp     description

zv01     variable1     -> in the sales document they would type over the description some text (ZV01 - color charge).

zv02     variable2

I can't see any way to make it. The conditions type have one and only description, not variable, stablished beforehand. I know it. Is there any way to make this?.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already mentioned, it's not feasible to change the condition description "on a fly". Perhaps it is feasible to implement a user exit that would prompt to enter an additional description (using one of those POPUP... functions) for certain pricing conditions. This would have to be stored in a custom (Z...) table. It's not a very good solution though.

It seems that this is a new SAP implementation for the business. Usually with SAP implementation business processes need to be reviewed and sometimes changed, so that they work best with SAP, not the other way around. Perhaps they don't actually need hundreds of different conditions. From the business perspective, I'm not sure how this could be effectively maintained in SAP and analyzed / reported on. I'd look first at optimizing the business process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's the only thing I supposed.

You are right. The first thing to do would be optimize the business process but It's probably that this point will never arrive....

Thank you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said, you cant change the cond type description in Sales order. But to realize ur requirement, would suggest you to go for development for better validation else use text types for each cond type & maintain description for these text types. But this requires descipline which is not possible all the time at user level.

Else, in additional data B, add the Zfields as equal to your cond type & maintain descriptions here. During print, print from these fields. As i said, any development done for maintainance/filled by user need to think thrice. Because in practical its difficult to follow.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

and what about the last field that it's in the condition type definition?

Is 'text determination procedure'. Is it possible to add texts in a single line of a pricing procedure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JL,

You can not change the description of condition type in any case. It can be maintained in different languages which will be populated as per the language of log in otherwise there is no possibility to change the description of condition type. I had the similar problem and I preferred to have different condition types with different description. I hope it helps...

Rajeev