cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical objects on SD items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

On SD item lines, it is possible to assign serial numbers if the material number has a serial number profile. On contracts, yoou can always assign technical objects, serial numbers, equipment or functional locations, independent of any serial number profile.

Now we want to assign technical objects to normal SD items with material that does not have a serial number profile, but the system doesn´t allow it.

Question: How is it controlled? Can SD items be customized so that they accept technical objects even when we are not in a contract?

Any comment welcome!

Thanks,

Enno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding "how is it controlled" - well, most likely there is just some code in SAP program that checks the document type and serial number profile. I doubt any customization can be done to change this behavior, but with some debugging this could be answered.

Actually I didn't know it worked differently in the contract and order. Perhaps you could send a message to SAP, at least might get some explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

by looking at some SAP notes and other discussions, it seems to me like this:

It seems that equipments can just be assigned to items with either serial number profile in material master, or to item categories that don´t allow schedule lines (like service contract item categories), or to items related to repair processing.

I didn´t debug it up to now, but it seems to me that way. Thanks for your reply!

Enno

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184701
Active Contributor

dear, there is a standard field VBAP-ANZSN which has a serial number.

you would also append this table VBAP creating a NEW field(s) for your purposes.

just in case run t-code OIS2 to see how serial number profiles are set up in config.

i recommend you to search the SCN forums to find out the similar requirements...

good luck.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create any of these technical objects like serial number ,equipment number or functional location, you should clearly mention the Sales and Distribution details in the corresponding tab in the master data of the respective object as shown in the screen shot below.

If this is maintained, then in the contracts or SO, it will allow you to maintain.