cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I tried to create a sales order it displayed the following message "Material not relevant to check, therefore always available"

The system doesn't perform the availability check. I already have maintained check group in material master and checked "availability check field" on

1.define requirement class,

2. Schedule line category,

3. Requirement class

4. Define procedure for each schedule line category.

How does the system find checking rule. I know it is from checking group maintained at material master, but there are many checking rule associated with checking group, so which rule the system picks.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Check the settings where you maintain the combination of your material type ,plant and checking group.

The path for this is -spro-sd--basic functions-avl checkdefine checking groups defaulat value.

The reason for not checking may be is the above combination of all the checking groups.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding to the next part of the question,

The control of availability check is defined by the checking group of the material master record and the checking rule of the transaction.

Coming to SD this is predefined in the system.

Mohan

Award points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the availability check indicator field in the scheduline category.VOV6. It is this field which system determined whether this item is relevant for availability checking.

Mohan

Award points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos