cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager 7.1 post-install issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I just started the post install steps of solman 7.1, along with the guide, in chapter - 6.10, it requires to apply the latest kernel and support package.

When I apply the necessary ABAP package, it requires the 0040 version of Support Package Manager.

but it seems impossible to update the spam/saint without MOPZ, and, IMG steps for configureing MOPZ in solman 7.1 changed a lot.

is there other way to update the   spam/saint without MOPZ, if not, how can configure the MOPZ right?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

sory

i dont understand the problem

download the spam/saint from sap and update it

if you need to improve the download so run

from SE38 - /TMWFLOW/RMOBASKETAPPROVAL

best regards

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the note1577909 said, I need to run the saint to apply abap package,

so, when I try it, it prompts that I need to have a version 0040 of support package manager to continue,

I assumed that the "support package manager" means spam or saint, right?

so, I went to support portal to download the "SPAM/SAINT Update - Version 702/0045 ", but there is a message on the download page - " All corrective software packages for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and SAP Business Suite 2005 (and beyond) are only available via Maintenance Optimizer in SAP Solution Manager"

so, I think it means I need to configure the Maintenance Optimizer to download and install the Update, am I right?

so, I jump the reference page, find an old guide, and the guide told me to use IMG steps, which cant be found in the solman7.1 IMG steps. I cant find any latest guide about how to configure the Maintenance Optimizer.

so, I am stuck...

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

ignore this massage

and download the spam/saint package

regards

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I did what you advised, but it won`t be in my download basket, and again, it displayed the same message in the basket

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh, sorry, I see the file in the Approval List tab, what should I do next to eventually download it?

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi you need to improve it from solution manager

go to se38 - /TMWFLOW/RMOBASKETAPPROVAL

and download and confirm the download

Naor

dont forget points

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

could you explained it more? how to improve? I am a 100% rookie...

do I need to setup the remote connection to sap support first?

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

yes you need to configure the remote connection to sap to improve the list

please go to SE38 - ans execute /TMWFLOW/RMOBASKETAPPROVAL

and confirm the download

did is your first solution manager in your company?

try to do this

and let me know

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, I will try to configure the connection first,

it`s not the first solution manager, but first solution manager 7.1, and we lack expertise about fresh-install a solution manager.

and, is it feasible that I am trying to install in in a vmware virtual machine?

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

So you can confirm the approve list from your other solution manager

and it ok with vmware virtual machine

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you,

beside above issue, I tried the solman_setup for some basic configuration, and got some red icon in the Check Installation, support package might be one of the reasons, but, my concern is:

1. Do I have to make sure all the steps finished with green icons in the System Preparation? like the Implement SAP Note.

2. is Remote connection to SAP Support mandatory? because this solution manager I am installing is just for demo, not production.

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Before you start with system preperation upgrade the ABAP and JAVA stack (support package)

upgrade karnel,sgen, etc

configure STMS

then you need to start with system preperation

part of the system preperation you need to Implement this note

you need the remote connection to SAP because you need to implemet note (central note of solution manager)

Best Regards

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Naor,

according to your advice about remote connection to SAP, I am a little confused

basically, my use case on Solution Manager is to setup an integrated environment, which is:

exchange support messages of Service Desk in solution manager with some other product of third partner, and the integration is based on web service and , of course, a funcioning Service Desk of solution manager.

does this scenario depend on the remote connection to SAP?

could you share some idea, if the red icons I`ve met in the system preparation will impact the scenario that I described above?

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

The connection to sap is because you need to download the NOTE in system preperation

your red is :

check TMS configuration - you need to log on client 000 and Configure transport domain

Check service connectio - you need to check if the RFC SAPOSS work

please read the documantaion are display there

best Regards

Naor