cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring sales doc type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody explain what is the difference between customizing sales doc types and

configuring sales doc types . I think we Cusomize the Standard(OR) to the client requirements. But in which Senarios Configuration is needed & in what requirements we do configuration.

Awaiting Reply

Thanks&Regards

Narayana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

configuring means using the standard document type to map the client requiement if it is not meeting the client requirement like if the fields which is existed in the document type not supporting to client requirement like adding new field in (vov8) document type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add, Configuration is like you are using the existing functionality provided by sap standard. Sap has gone through various business processes and requirements and come out with what generally required functionality would be. But then there would be cases where the client wants because he does his business in a little different way, that we want to put in the sap system.

Now that kind of functionality since it is not there we try to develop within the given frame work of sap. This is customizing. Like making sap talk with different interfaces.

In a way to say

Customizing is - Business to SAP.

Configuring is - SAP to Business.

As an eg. we have various sales document type like standard OR, consignment ( Fill up, Issue,Return ). Though in both the situations we trying to sell to the customer, the way it is done is different. So, SAP has provided that in the standard functionality and we just use it. But if there something different, then we need to develop it ie., customize it.

Hope it clears. Please reward if it is helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

Thanks for Solving my doubt.But i need more examples regarding that.

And another one i Need some info regarding Enhancements.That means give me some

examples what are the Enhancements you have done in your Project.

Awaiting Reply

Thanks&Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lakshmi,

To be very frank there is not much difference between Customizing and configuration. It is something like difference between Sales & marketing.

Customization - is to map SAP as per the requirement of Client and to do this you need to configure different things in SAP.

Configure is to do the mapping in SAP in SPRO

Reward if it helps.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for Solving my doubt.But i need some more examples regarding that.

Awaiting Reply

Thanks&Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Configuration is something what you do in transaction spro.

Customization means meeting your client's requirement in that particular configuration.

For e.g. Client want to implement third party scenario for sales.For this he needs to select item category TAS but in TAS we have a choice of creating purchase order automatically or not.If you client want that purchase order shouldn't be triggered automatically so you will not tick the automatic generation of purchase order in your item category.This is called customization but using item category TAS is configuration.

Another example is you donot want your billing types values to be passed to accounting then you can tick donot pass to accounting in your billing type.This is customization but using a particular billing type is configuration.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customising is which is not in SAP according to your clients requirments so you have to develop with your abaper if it is a technical issue otherwise we will develop that requirement.

Configuring is using the standard SAP for the requirements. We can change to some extent in standard SAP documents,etc. otherwise we have to customise the things.

For example in sales order screen any fields like to enter the cheque number of the customer its all customsing with Abaper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configuaration means meeting the clients requirements using Standard SAP.

Customization means bringing new changes to meet the requirements of the client.

In scenarios we come across both configurations and customizations. In customizations , you have know the requirement, what it is. Where it is going to reflect . Whether it is going to reflect in other modules and where. For this we will be writing a functional specification through which an abaper writes his technical specification for the requirment.

Hope this adds information.

Mohan

Award points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mohan

Thanks for Solving my doubt.But i need more examples regarding that.(conf sales.doc)

Awaiting Reply

Thanks&Regards

Narayana