cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow in Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can someone explain me the workflow steps in import manager?

Regards,

Rimpy Kaul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rimpy,

As per my understanding, there are two things in your question: 1. Steps of Workflow 2. Workflow Configuration in Import Manager, correct me if my understanding is wrong. I tried to explain both the points below, in two steps:

1. Create and Design Workflow
2. Configuration in Import Manager

1. Create and Design Workflow
    • In Data Manager, select Workflow table and create a workflow record by providing the required information like Name, Code, Table etc.
    • To design workflow, double click on workflow property, MDM launches Microsoft Visio to design the flow diagram, which consist Workflow Steps like Start, Stop, Branch, Validation, Assignment etc. As per your requirement, you will design workflow diagram and save it.
  2. Configuration in Import Manager: This configuration will be needed, when you have configured your workflow with Record Import trigger action. You have to save the following configuration in the map, which you are going to use. Step are same, as explained in the above post:
    • Open the import map, which you are going to use to import the data, of the desired table.
    • Click Configuration menu, choose Options.
    • Scroll down to Import section, choose your workflow from Checkout/Workflow property.
    • Click OK to save the configuration and save update the map.

There are two important points that you have to remember:

1. If you want that your workflow should trigger on record import, then you will have to select Record Import option in Trigger Actions property, during the creation of workflow, in Data Manager.
  2. If your workflow has configured as mentioned in point A then only your workflow name will be displayed in the Checkout/Workflow property, of Import Manager Configuration options.

Hope it is helpful..!!

Thx/ -Tarun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rimpy,

Just to add to the above post, Only the workflows for which the trigger action is set to "Record Import" in data manager are available in the Import manager Configuration options.

Rgds,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can trigger a workflow through the Import Maps.

Go to Options in Import Manager, Click Checkout/Workflow - Attach the Workflow which needs to be triggered for this map

Note : The Workflow has to be created first in Data Manager first , then only it will be visible in Options of Import Manager

Regards,

Antony