Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on Note 1650931

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to create a coding mask which is extension of an existing id. Eg. I need to create ABCD, but AB is existing in the system. So system throws error message CJ606.

I have referred note 1650931, where SAP suggests to delete mask with id AB, and create mask with id ABCD first, then create mask with id AB.

I have tried to do as per note 1650931, but still getting the same error CJ606.

Please advise?

Thanks

Abdul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Existing projects using mask AB has to be deleted or archived before you try to delete and change the mask to ABCD. and also please check ur PL is 4.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks anil,

PL is 4 only. I can delete AB and create ABCD no issue for that. Requirement is to have both AB and ABCD.

From the note I understood that we need to delete AB, then create ABCD after that system might support to create AB again.

is it possible like this?

tnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I went through the note and if i have understood it correctly, there is no doubt that once you delete the old coding mask AB system will allow you to create a new one i.e.ABCD.

But the note does not tell whether you would be able to recreate the coding mask AB after creating the mask ABCD. I think it would be better if you could try this on your system and update. Just a guess, i feel that the system wont allow you to recreate the mask AB after creating the mask ABCD.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have also tested the scenario.. the system is not allowing.

can u also check if this note 482427 is useful.. i suppose you must raise this to SAP.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Gokul,

If we can not create both ABCD and AB then I could not understand the importance of this note.

From help document itself it is clear that we can delete AB and create ABCD. Only for this I do not think SAP will create a note.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Anil

I have already contacted SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please post SAP proposed solution when u have. Thanks.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reply from SAP

If you want to create coding mask with "AB", you should make sure that there is no coding mask starting with "AB" or "A".

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, my guess was right. From what SAP says you wont be able to create a coding mask with AB if there is already one that starts with A or AB.

I completely agree with you on the point of "why we need this note?". Its useless i feel.

Thanks for posting the reply from SAP though.

Answers (0)