Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP and Java SSL connection

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement is to establish the SSL connection between ABAP and Java stack.

The Abap and Java stacks are of 2 different servers -  R/3 and EP.

Please guide me with the steps to be followed and the certificates to be maintained in the STRUST and Visual Admin.

Regards,

Pratibha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

Greate, that your issue fixed, Please reward the points and close the thread as answered.

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note 1350183 - Incosistency in Page 3 reporting of Form 16 and Form 16AA (This may help you)

(Form 16, HINCF160, PC00_M40_F16, Cross Financial Year Retro, cluster,

PCL4, Temse file.)

1916697 - Part A / Part B of Form 16 to be displayed in combined form / separately

(You are executing Form 16 (Transaction Code: PC00_M40_F16) for the employees working in your organization. As per the legal changes announced by the central government for financial year 2012-2013, a new layout for Form 16 has been introduced. The new layout comprises of Part A & Part B respectively. Part A / Part B of Form 16 not displayed in combined form / separately.)

Note 532943 - Change in Selection Screen of Form 16

Note 1798064 - Form 16 Report - Text Changes

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

issue resolved and now i am able to get digital signature on form-16

Rgds,

sanjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Form configuration and issue please follow the notes:

Note 1168740 - Digital Signature for Form 16

EP7.3 - Configure ADS Manually for Form Processing (Java) -

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/EP7.3+-Configure+ADS+Manually+for+Form+Processing(Java)

OSS 944221 - Troubleshooting if problems occur in forms processing**

Regards,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If issue is resolved please close it has answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

Thanks for your reply but i resolved the issue. now i trying to apply digital signature on form 16, if you have something related to apply digital signature on form 16, please share.

Rgds,

sanjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this note may help you.

OSS 510007 - Setting up SSL on Web Application Server ABAP

OSS 1770585 - How to configure SSL on the AS Java

BR,

Prabhakar

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

issue resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pratibha,

We are also facing same issue of pop up of user id and password while doing SA38>FP_PDF_TEST_00.

Your help is appreciated, Its very urgent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

I am also in process to SSL connection between ABAP and JAVA for ADS to apply digital signature on form16.

can you please forward me the steps your followed.

i will really thankful to you.

Rgds,

sanjeet

sanjeetc28@gmail.com

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now, all the 3 reports are working fine and giving the desired outputs.

But, when we try to run the Tcode : pc00_m40_f16, we get the error 0 bytes transferred.

Pdf files are getting generated in the folder but do not contain any data.

Please suggest...

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM59, SSL is active in Logon and Security tab.
Under the SSL client certificate, I have selected 'DEFAULT Standard'.
And in the STRUST, under SSL client Standard, in the Certificate List we have uploaded JAVA server cerrtificate, SAP Root certificate.

Regards,

Pratibha

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the trace and comment:

#1.5 #0011253929090069000006C3000B20840004BD3AF83705B8#1333960876950#com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.loginmodule.ClientCertLoginModule##com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.loginmodule.ClientCertLoginModule#Guest#0##n/a##c5a66c15821f11e1cf58000000132d2e#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_26##0#0#Info##Plain###No certificate provided.#
#1.5 #0011253929090069000006C4000B20840004BD3AF83705F4#1333960876951#com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.loginmodule.ClientCertLoginModule##com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.loginmodule.ClientCertLoginModule.login#Guest#0##n/a##c5a66c15821f11e1cf58000000132d2e#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_26##0#0#Path##Plain###Exiting method#
#1.5 #0011253929090069000006C5000B20840004BD3AF837063D#1333960876951#com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.logincontext##com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.logincontext#Guest#0##n/a##c5a66c15821f11e1cf58000000132d2e#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_26##0#0#Debug##Java###Unsuccessful login: no login module succeeded. The size of the used authentication stack {0} is {1}.

Thanks,

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As from the logs, I could see 'No certificate provided'. In SM59, did you set the Security options for the ADS connection? Here SSL is to be active and the corresponding SSL Client certificate type should be set.

Regards,

Srikishan

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the default trace file and I am getting the following log:

Unsuccessful login: no login module succeeded. The size of the used authentication stack {0} is {1}

LOGIN.FAILED
User: N/A
Authentication Stack: com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices*AdobeDocumentServicesSec_Config

Login Module                                                               Flag        Initialize  Login      Commit     Abort      Details
1. com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.ClientCertLoginModule      SUFFICIENT  ok          false                 false     
        \#1 CertAuth =
        \#2 issuer =
        \#3 SerialNumber =
        \#4 subject = #

Please help!

Thanks, Pratibha

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help. It is very urgent to resolve this issue.

When the SSL is Inactivated in the SM59 RFC, all the test reports ; FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE, FP_pdf_TEST_00 and FP_Test_00 are successful .

Please suggest..

Thanks,

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned that connection works when HTTPS is deactivated, I suspect a certificate issue while the ABAP tries connecting the Java stack. You could set the RFC and ICM trace levels to higher value via tcode SM59 and SMICM. Test the connection and check the trace for error messages. You should get more details as to where the authentication goes wrong.

Regards,

Srikishan

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thnks for the suggestion..

I tried increasing the trace level...but,no error messages were logged in the log.

When I try executing the report: FP_PDF_TEST_00, theres a pop-up for User/Pwd...
When SSL is inactive, it does not ask for User/Pwd.

In SM59 RFC, I have already entered the User in the Logon tab.

I have summarised the certificate settings below; Please confirm
1. generated ABAP certificates, got signed from SAP, uploaded them in Server standard in STRUST.
2. placed the ABAP certs in Java server visual admin - trusted CAs along with the SAP root certificate.
3. generated certificates for java - service_ssl,got signed from SAP and uploaded the same in SSL client standard in STRUST in ABAP.
4. Created ADSUSER in ABAP(SU01) and on portal.
5. maintained adsuser and password in logon tab in RFC
6. In Visual admin- user management - assigned the ABAP cert and Root from Trusted CAs view to the ADSUSER
7. In the service - Webservice security, for client certification, selected the Java certificate from service_ssl view.
8. In the service - Destination, FP_ICF_DATA_<SID>, maintained user as ADS_AGENT and its password. ADS_AGENT was created in ABAP.

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now, the SSL connection between R/3 and Java is successful.

We are trying to connect to ADS which resides on the Java(EP).

When I run the code: FP_PDF_TEST_00, I get a pop-up for the user and Pwd entry.

After filling it up for 3 times, the error getting displayed is:

Test Program: Version Information (for Analysis Only)

*** SYSTEM ERROR

ERROR CODE    :    100,101
ERROR MESSAGE : SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP send returned with status code
SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP send returned with status code(100,101).

I have gone through many discussions for this issue but unable to resolve.

Please help.

Regards,

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the adobe document configuration guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a9630b-4f89-2a10-6fab-e311b3ffd...

Please note there are various steps for configuring a SSL ADS connection as mentioned in the guide. For troubleshooting, please check SAP Note 944821 for step-by-step activities.

Regards,

Srikishan

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikashan,

Thanks for the guide and note...but I have already followed the steps.

Regards,

Pratibha

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos
PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed the steps.

In J2EE Visual Admin, I have created the CSR request and I got it signed from SAP.

When I try to import the CSR response , there is no change in the Issuer of the certificate.

Because, once successfully imported, the Certificate should change to: CN=Server CA, OU=Server, O=SAP Trust Community, C=DE.

No error is getting displayed.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Pratibha