cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently build new ecc system by refresh of PRD, we want import more than 500 transport request into system. I have already copied all transport request files into cofiles and data directory.  I want to add the all transport request at a time by tp command.

Kindly suggest how to proceed with tp commands

Regards, Panu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panu,

You don't need to use tp command at the operating system level in order to import all those request files into the system. You can use "Import All Requests" in STMS to import all the requests in the list.

Secondly, if you insist to import the transport requests by "tp" command apply the commands for each transport request under "/usr/sap/trans/bin" directory;

tp addtobuffer <Request number> <SID> pf=TPPARAM

tp import <Request number> client<client number> <SID> u18 pf=TPPARAM

For example;

tp addtobuffer DEVK900100 PRD pf=TPPARAM

tp import DEVK900100 client100 PRD u18 pf=TPPARAM

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Orkun Gedik,

Thanks for ur quick reply...

i have checked it but none of the transport request imported in queue in STMS by "IMPORT ALL REQUESTS"

I think we need to add buffer first..

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You have two options to see the transport requests in the STMS queue;

1) Execute the command for each transport request

tp addtobuffer <Request number> <SID> pf=TPPARAM

2) In the STMS, double click on the system -> Extras -> Other requests -> Add

By choosing 1st path, you can see the all the transport requests in the STMS, after you execute the command for each request.

By choosing 2nd path, you need to add new request one by one which is so hard for 500 requests.

There is a 3rd way to add these requests into the buffer which is developing an ABAP program, calling "TMS_MGR_FORWARD_TR_REQUEST" for each request in the loop.

In my point of view, 1st path is easy, among of all.

I hope that it is clear.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun Gedik,

i have completed add to buffer by tp command but when i ran "IMPORT ALL REQUEST" in STMS.

It is imported just few of request not all the request..

Or do i need to run "tp import all"

Kindly suggest on this..

Regards,

Panu

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> It is imported just few of request not all the request..

It is weird. Try to execute addtobuffer command with one of them that didn't list on the STMS. Then, in the STMS, double click on the system -> Extras -> Other requests -> Add, as I mentioned previously. If a problem occurs at this level, the system will show you the cause of the problem.

At the end of it, check whether the request has been listed on STMS

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

i ran "Import all request" in STMS and it is imported all requested with RC 0 but now  it looks like none transport request displayed in import queue but when i checked in import history it is displayed.

Please suggest..

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> it looks like none transport request displayed in import queue

You mean that transport queue list is empty, in STMS? Did you executed Extras -> Delete Imported Requests? If you didn't execute this command, reuqests should be able to see under STMS import queue.

However, if you want to see all the request in the import queue, you should re-execute addtobuffer command for each request that you want to see.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

When you performed Import all, all the transports will be removed from STMS import queue and will appear only in import history. If you want to re-add those to Import queue then you can forward the request from history to same SAP system with client by using option in STMS.

Thanks    

Madan Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Orkun Gedik,

Thanks.. you resolved my issue.

Regards,

kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panu Kumar,

I hope you were able to import the TRs with the help of Orkun's help.

You can actually import the TRs with tp import command

tp import <TR number> <Target SID> client=<Target clietn> pf= <path of transport tool profile>

Regards,

Pradeep