cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Project bulider, My 4th level WBS element coding mask starts from L. Under this WBS element, the 5th level WBS element start with coding mask P. I dont want my user to create 6th level WBS element under this 4th level WBS element L. can I maintain any validations to do so. PLease let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please try a validation saying that if WBS level is 4 then wbs number should be so and so, if it is 5 then number should be so and so if it is 6 then number should be so and so etc.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to forbide to create WBS level 6? or create level 6 when level 4 starts with "L"?

If it is the first one it is very easy : You have to create validation/ step in GGB0 --> Prereuisite: If level = 6

If you need only this validation only when level 4 = L , I think or you need develop or you can do ( settings) :

1) Use one of the user field to be filled with a value ( for example 'L') only when level = 4 and starts with L : create this substitution in GGB1 transaction

2) Create a substitution to derive this field from superior level when level > 4

3) Create a validation to chek if level = 6 check user field different from L

validations and substitutions have to be linked to the project profile ( OPSA transaction).

I hope this can be useful,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sara,

thanks for the inputs.

my problem is at 4th level i have two different coding mask for WBS element, 1 is L and 2nd is G.

so at level 6 wbs element, if at level 4 WBS element is L, then system should not allow me to create WBS element. If the level 4 WBS element is G, then system should allow me to create the WBS element.

Hope my question is clear to you.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you can do it  ( if you have some free user fields)

) Use one of the user field to be filled with a value ( for example 'L') only when level = 4 and starts with L : create this substitution in GGB1 transaction  ( not needed develop)

2) Create a substitution to derive this field from superior level when level > 4 ( not needed develop)

3) Create a validation to chek if level = 6 check user field different from L ( not needed develop)

Regards!!