cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Recording for In-Process Inspection with control chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am recording my inspection result for in-process inspection for one production order. In reality there are 2 physical production lines sharing a common set of characteristics, but there is only one operation in the routing. My inspection characteristics are to be recorded and analyzed with control chart per each production line (seperate chart). I understand that if i make the production line as part of the inspection point identifier then it is not possible to plot the control chart separately because there is only one characteristic. Please refer to my example below:

For example:
Inspection point 1
Production line A
Temperature: 20 C
Weight: 100 kgs

Inspection point 2
Production line B
Temperature: 11 C
Weight: 80 kgs

Inspection point 3
Production line A
Temperature: 12 C
Weight: 93 kgs

To have a different control chart for each production line, do I need to have another set of Master Inspection Characteristics for instance, Temperature for line A and Temperature for line B and then make them optional because they will appear in all inspection point?
Do you have a better solution for this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have to make them optional.  You can use the copy results functionality to copy the results forward from the previous inspection point.  Than if it actually tested, you can go in and recorded the actual value.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Firefighter,

I am interested in knowing more about this functionality. So if we copy the results from the previous inspection point to the new one then what will the result or control chart look like. will you be able to provide a basic example ?

Thank you.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The control chart will look like you took a reading at every time interval when maybe you did not.  So it might not be a good thing as it could skew your control chart and values.  Leaving them optional might be the better solution.  But part of it depends on what you are using the data for and how you use it.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can define two different operation with one char optional every time & get control chart QGC1 operation wise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I don't think it's possible to split the operation as it is the way that they have already agreed to structure their operation in the routing. But thanks anyway.