cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was recently going through http://scn.sap.com/thread/3147983 the linked posting and in this regard I have a question.

The author suggested:

For better control you can check with the below user exit

• USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP

This user exit can be used to carry out additional checks (e.g. for completion) at item level.

Now my question is how to use this Userexit and where to assign this ? Theoretically I know about Userexits, but can any one help me how to use them practically Please?? I would appreciate if it comes with step wise.

Regards,

Venky.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is item level user exit, what next I have to do

For example, if you want to control a sale order before saving,  at line item level by validating some fields, then you have to coordinate with ABAPer and from functional side, you have to just explain the process and rest, your ABAPer will take care. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi ji,

So in that case, how our people know what User exit to be used ? Is it from there experience or do I need to refer or remember what is your suggestion,

Not only this, when I explain to ABAPer, so from there on he will take care about this issue ? or just he will provide me the piece of code and ask me to assign it.

Regards,

Venkat.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

Go to T-Code SE38 & Open Program - MV45AFZZ you will see the list of User Exits & why they are to be used.

MV45AFZZ is for Sales orders.

RV60AFZZ is for Invoice.

Above are not the only two programs. Just search teh SDN Wiki page & Google for list of User Exits available in SD Module.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the user exit / enhancement standpoint, almost every SAP module has some peculiarities.

SD user exits are "SAP approved modifications". They are implemented by a modification in the standard SAP includes like MV45AFZZ and similar, not using CMOD/SMOD transaction.

There is no need to "assign" anything anywhere (you might be confusing user exits with VOFM routines). These includes are part of the standard SAP program that runs the sales transactions and whatever code entered in those user exits will be executed immediately upon activation.

I'd suggest to seek assistance from an ABAP developer who is already familiar with SD user exits.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now my question is how to use this Userexit and where to assign this ? Theoretically I know about Userexits

once the user exit is available, where to assign it, is my question. because I know it has to be assigned somewhere, so that system will know, that it has to consider this as well while processing the transaction. 

I hope you understand what I mean to say.

I am sure, you are not clear with the concept and functionality of Userexits. Please go through some documentation (blogs, SAP documents etc) again and then you can understand it better (even the replies from other members).

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

While driving car from Hammersmith to Hounslow in London, I seen one learner car with a message on the back of that: Once you were a learner, have patience.

Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

No hard feelings please ......... we all are learners now and ...then.. as you know nobody can learn even one module of SAP thoroughly. All we need to do is, when we get a new requirement, analyse the issue, check whether we can do it by customizing or a program change is required or not.

If you can't control the requirement using customization and a standard program is to be changed, then you will need to use an exit. Exits are some areas in standard program where you can add your custom code to bypass the system to your own logic.

Please go through this below mentioned links for exmaple:-

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=358301

http://www.sap-advisor.com/abap-coding/issuing-a-warning-message-when-duplicate-materials-are-entere...

If you have a specific requirement please let everyone know, so that they can provide their suggestions.

Regards,

SAM

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Unlike learning a car ( a one time activity)...here we have to be learners for ever with fast changing technology. Learning a car on highways is normally not expected.

Nobody is an expert in any module and everybody has to learn something or other while working on it for the first time. If you read your comments again (in my message), it says you already have gone through the documents and got the conceptual knowledge and still talking about ASSIGNING a userexit. Hence I suggested you to go through the documentation again to have a better idea of the concept.

once the user exit is available, where to assign it, is my question. because I know it has to be assigned somewhere

Regards,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When some new requirement or enhancement is made to the existing process, you have to decide whether that new enhancement would be addressed through standard configuration itself.  If not, we would go for user exit.  Here, first you need to identify whether the enhancement needs to be done at header level or at item level, because in user exits also, you have header and item exits.  The one what you had cited is for item level coding change

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi ji,

You infomation is helpful, but now if it is item level user exit, what next I have to do, there you left me to struggle. Please let me know wheater header level Userexit or Item level Userexit, where to assign them.

Now I know some where at header level and item level it has to be linked but where ? Please elaborate.

Regards,

Venkat.