cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with AS Java PI 7.1 not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aloha Experts.

We're having a hard time with our AS Java for PI. It's not starting. On TX SMICM the status read as follow:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status of AS Java: Initial

Due to too many errors the AS Java start was deactivated

Technical Settings:

rdisp/j2ee_start = 0

rdisp/j2ee_start_lazy = 0

rdisp/j2ee_start_control = 1 (SAP J2EE Startup Framework )

ridsp/j2ee_timeout = 600

exe/j2ee = /usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/exe/jstart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On log dev_icm we have the next entry:

[Thr 3342] Tue Mar 27 12:12:03 2012

[Thr 3342] {0005001f} connection to Java Server Nodes not possible (Java Startup Framework not initialized) [http_j2ee2_mt.c 755]

No errors on de_jstart log, either ways it can be found as an attached file to this question.

Any good advice?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luis

Can you please elaborate on the issue? Is it a fresh installation or an add on like trying to deploy Axis Adapters?

Alternatively, please raise an oss on the component BC-JAS-COR or BC-JAS-SF

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's our development server, no additional software or components were installed, suddenly the application stop responding and after restart Java stack presented the problems.

I've ran over configtool to check if any parameter was changed and nothing seems to be different (some time in the past I saved some screens about this config).

I'm raising oss message, meanwhile is there any other log you could use to help me out in this matter?

Oh, by the way this is an AIX server.

Thanks a lot!

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

see if in  folder: /usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/log , you are having the defaultTrace and applications log files. if yes, then see if you can get some error details for your AS java start error.

seems like some process deployment went into error on some installation, and your AS java is trying to deploy it in offline mode.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all:

Nothing seemed to be right, I asked for a reboot of the server, and after that everything went fine. So I think this could be a good MEME. "Tells everything is fine when it isn't"

Thank you all for your answers.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

In your mentioned error, you see

"..Java Startup Framework not initialized.." it means that while start of J2EE engine some of java services are not started properly, if one service get fails then depending services also would get fail and result in failure of engine start-up. To see, which is that java service that got failed, go to /usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/services/ in this folder you see server_xx.trc file, check the latest one and find which java service is failed to start and according to that you can trouble shoot.

Thanks,
RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check the config data in J2EE config tool by going through the installation and post-installation readiness check guides?

seems some parameter is wrongly configured. can you get some details from SAP MMC regarding the j2ee server node? pls check this thing.