cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download DVD RDBMS MSSQLSRV 2000 incl. SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to install ECC5 IDES on Windows Server on MSSQL with disks that our head office sent us.

They forgot to send us several disks, most of which I have managed to download from the SAP site.

However, it is not possible to download the most important - the MSSQL Server installation disks - there is a note explaining that SAP's license with Microsoft prohibits them from making this available via download.

Does anyone know anywhere else I could download this from? It will take us ages to get the disk from our HQ and they're having trouble finding it. Maybe some kind person would let me ftp it from their system?!

Desperate!

Thanks,

Tristan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

It is strongly recommend to use the SQL4SAP.VBS script on the SAP authored DVD, however there is no technical reason why you cannot use your own copy of SQL 2005 Enterprise Edition.

If you follow the instructions in the document called "Installation of SQL 2005 in an SAP environment" on service.sap.com/platforms -> Platform specific information -> Microsoft -> SQL Server you will meet the requirements for SAP

Normally I would recommend you obtain the SAP DVD.

I also recommend you use SQL 2005, not SQL 2000 - you may need to apply some support packs to you IDES system after installation.

Thanks

N.P.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NPC,

Thanks for your answer. As we don't own a copy of MSSQLSRV, I would prefer to use the one delivered by SAP on the IDES DVDs, as you recommend.

Do you know anywhere I can download this DVD? The SAP Marketplace install site does not support download. If we order the DVD it will take a long time to arrive (we're in China) and we're desperate to get this installed.

Thanks,

Tristan

tristan_colgate@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I understand your circumstances. In this case I would recommend that you download the SQL 2005 EE evaluation copy from:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/trial-software.mspx

I strongly recommend that you follow the installation procedure in the document I mentioned in my earlier post.

I also recommend you use SQL 2005 SP1, not SQL 2000

Thanks

N.P.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I understand your circumstances. In this case I would recommend that you download the SQL 2005 EE evaluation copy from:

I strongly recommend that you follow the installation procedure in the document I mentioned in my earlier post.

Thanks

N.P.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks

N.P.C

Answers (0)