cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

managed system - sld view inconsistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have solman 7.1 installed and are implementing diagnostics.  During the configuration of managed systems I've run into a problem.

The smdagent_trace.*.trc file shows errors authenticating.  I am including a portion of the log below.

In system landscape -> SLD view, a specific system shows status "This agent is not associated with any managing system".

In system landscape -> SMD view, the same system shows status "Started".

In SMD Agent administration, the same system shows status "Started"

I have tried configuring it with P4 and message server via smdsetup managingconf and get the same results.  The userID specified in the smdsetup is not locked and I have confirmed the password.

Other systems are successfully associated.

#1.#DAFFD7A0330200070000000A0010609C0004BC3CD2F1CA81#1332869329963#SMDloggerSystem##SMDloggerSystem#######Thread[Thread-8,5,m

ain]##0#0#Info##Plain###InetAddress Resolving for localhost - FQN: sapbisb SQN: sapbisb IP: 10.166.231.200#

#1.#DAFFD7A0330200070000000B0010609C0004BC3CD2F8C707#1332869330419#SMDloggerAgentApp##SMDloggerAgentApp#######Thread[Thread-8

,5,main]##0#0#Error##Java###P4 connection error to SAP system [SB1/00]

[EXCEPTION]

{0}#1#com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NoPermissionException: Exception during getInitialContext operation

. Wrong security principle/credentials.  Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.

Is there another place I'll need to change or confirm the password besides smdsetup?

TIA,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Please check in the DAA service whu the user that run this service

and check the permission of this user

also check if you install the last version of the DAA agent and not SMD agent

in the installtion you configure your solution manager and your sld

let us know if somthing change

Hope its help

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naor,

Thank you for your response.

This is running on Unix, so there isn't a service.  I am running the startup script as smdadm, which matches what I'm doing on other systems that are working.

This version of the system came with an SMD agent already installed, so I didn't really have to install it.

It's a mystery.

Thanks,

Russ

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi But solution manager required the last version of DAA agent And host agent if I remember - patch 80 above  What I did I reinstall the old smd agent and I install the new DAA agent And it's work fine  Naor
TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

you can still use old SMD Agents. They get updated automatically through Solution Manager so a SMD Agent v 7.10 can run the same applications as a SMD Agent v 7.30.

What might need an update is the Host Agent and the Wily Introscope Bytecode agent when you upgrade to Solution Manager 7.1 and rerun the managed system setup wizard to get all of your managed systems integrated properly.

Certain applications / scenarios have prerequisites but those are most of the times related to the version of the Host Agent that has to be high enough to perform certain services or actions.

@russel

There are two options in the smdsetup.sh script that you can rerun to get user/auth fixed. One for the SLD and one for your SAP Solution Manager. The one that you ran is for the Solution Manager "managingconf". The one that you want to run is "sldconf".

Use following syntax as <sid>adm where SID matched the agent SID (assuming SLD runs locally on your Solution Manager):

./smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname="<FQDN solman host>" port:"5<instance no>04" user:"<user-id>" pwd:"<pass>"

./smdsetup.sh sldconf hostname="<FQDN solman host>" port:"5<instance no>00" user:"<user-id>" pwd:"<pass>"

Afterwards restart your SMD agent and check the logs. If the logs still show the error persists check the authorization of the user-ids that you have used to connect.

A reinstall is an option as well but shouldn't really be necessary. You can update your Host Agent to the latest version manually as well and in newer versions also automated.

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can start the smdsetup again to update the credentials.

please refer the trouble shooting guide https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=012002523100000869...

under section managing J2EE user.

Please check.

Thanks,

Jansi