Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Few doubts regarding Service Desk /Incident Management:

1) If we are using Solution Manager Service Desk as only ticketing tools then what happens if we have any planned maintenance/downtime for Solution Manager? How do we sync up the messages created when Solution manager was "offline" ?

2) Do we need to consider any spl prerequisites if we have very large users using Service Desk ( around 50,000 potential users & 10,000 tickets/month) ?

How do I prep up Solution manager to handle such huge volumes?

3) How good is new ITSM tools ( webdynpro based) in 7.1 for Incident Management ? We noticed that webdynpro based application slow down when there are huge number of systems connected at backend.

Your suggestions are much appreciated !

Regards

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

1. There has to be a periodic background job run "REFRESH_MESSAGE_STATUS" to sync between SAP backdone and solution manager

SAP Note 1516780 - REFRESH MESSAGE STATUS: Report AI_CRM_IM_UPDATE_FROM_SAP

2. I think you should look at Solman Sizing and Capacity planning toolkit

The sizing toolkit can be obtained from http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> etc...

3.  ITSM introduced more features, and easy navigation. I recommend it. If performance is a concern, make sure to always keep SP level updated, and keep checking the latest SAP notes, that corresponding to performance issue in 7.1.

Regards,
Vincent

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Tom, Jansi and Vincent for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I would like to add one more info here, While working in EHP1 , under workcenter we face some times this performance issue, later it was resolved by SAP Note.

Seems now also SAP delivering corrections then and there to improve the performance of all the context of web ui, you can check the note 1677383, which is delivered recently for improving the performance of context assignment in change managment.

hence as Tom said, keep eye on your system, apply the corrections,patchs up to date and enjoy all the features of solman.

Thanks

Jansi

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

I agree with Vincent concerning point 2 and 3. The Solution Manager sizing toolkit should help you out to get the sizing right and get the proper performance you seek.

I would also advice you to get Technical Monitoring going. That way you can keep an eye on the performance of your Solution Manager system from within Solution Manager. I really like the new monitoring infrastructure, it's very neat and easy to use.

"webdynpro based application slow down when there are huge number of systems connected at backend."

I haven't noticed any slowdown. We have around 120 managed SAP systems connected to Solution Manager at the moment I believe. Are you referring to managed SAP systems as well or?

Personally I really like the new ITSM.

Kind regards

Tom