cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

safety stock question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question on safety stock planning methods Can we plan some materials with SZ and some other materials with BS safety in the same planning version - 000 ? OR we should be using a different planning version (like 001, 002 ) to calculate BS safety stock ?

Thanks,

Tej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tej,

You can very well use different methods of safety stock planning in the active planning version 000.

SB (Safety stock) and SZ (Safety days' supply) are location product master specific.Within the same planning version, you can have different values for safety stock or safety days' supply based on combinations of location and product. SNP planning engine will read the appropriate value from location product master and applies it as a constraint.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Thanks for your response, I was asking about maintaining BS safety stock method (not SB) for certain products (lets say Prod A, Prod B...) and SZ method for another set of products (Prod C and Prod D) at the same or different location within the same planning version - 000.

I know that we can use SB and SZ in the same planning version.

Thanks..Tej

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tej,

Safety stock methods are maintained at location product level, and they WOULD be different for different location products. I don't think that one could have a scenario where all the products would be planned using the same safety stock method, unless all your products are very similar in most of the respects.

I think somewhere you are getting confused regarding the use of active version. Active version 000 is the version that you would use for interfacing with R/3, and also for the main calculations. You would be using the other versions (which you can create in addition to active version) mostly for simulation purpose, and then if you need to use it in connection to R/3, you could copy the relevant data from the simulation version to the active version 000.

So, to sum it up, it doesn't matter which safety stock method you are talking about. You maintain the safety stock method at the location product level, and it is relevant for that particular location-product only. Version doesn't have any connection to this.

Thanks - Pawan

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tej,

My apologies for the oversight and referring SB instead of BS.

We can still use different SS methods in the same planning version as they are dependent on the location product combination.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification . Thanks to you both. Closing this thread.

Answers (0)