Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing split

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

Cau give soem lights to invoice split and price type releation ship? ,where and how system will check while creating billing doc if diferent line item have diferent price type.

Regards

Rishikesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A billing split for different items and pricing type for different items are two different issues.

If the split criteria fields have different values for different items, then it will lead to different invoices (irrespective of the pricing type). If the criteria fields have same value, then these items are combined into a single invoice.  This is done by standard SAP. If a change has to be done for split criteria, then you have the ZUKRI field where you can decide on the split criteria. I am not touching this as it is obvious.

When an invoice is created, depending on the pricing type maintained in the copy control for the item category of the material, relevant repricing is triggered using the pricing type as found in the copy control. This happens after the invoice is being split using the split criteria.

I think this clarifies the doubt.

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

I am really sorry to you all –Thanks to you all quick updates.

By mistake I have mentioned price type –its not price type –it is price list

I mean  invoice split and price list  relationship? ,where and how system will check while creating billing doc if different line item have different price list- I want to overwrite the standard SAP process.

Regards

Rishikesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Price list (field PLTYP) is maintain at sales order Item - business data (VBKD-PLTYP Sales Document: Business Data). Again is capture at Billing Header (VBRK - PLTYP). Therefore, if at the sales order items have different Price List, then system might need to split the billing doc for those items.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I know, pricing type in Item of respective copying control doesn't play any role in Billing/Invoice Split.

Further, 

how system will check while creating billing doc if diferent line item have diferent price type.

This will be based on different Item Category maintained in sales order.
Say, Sales order (order related billing) is created with following:

Sales Item NumberItem Cat

Pricing Type in Copying Control
VTFA -respective Item

0010TADG - Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes
0020TAOC - Copy manual pricing elements and redetermine the others
Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the copy control settings in t.code VTFL (Delivery related billing) and VTFA (order related billing). Here go to line item details. The field VBRK/VBRP can contain routine to specify what additional criteria can be used to split a billing document. In the same view, the value assigned to the field Pricing type determines how the pricing should be carried out for that particular item in billing. For details on standard fields that cause billing split, you can refer OSS Note 11162 - Invoice split criteria in billing document

Regards,