cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chunk Mode in PI 7.11 SPS6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm creating a basic file to file transfer scenario (no ESR objects) for files above 50MB, frequency would be monthly, quarterly, and there is a file that would be sent annually that would be 6.5GB in size. I was doing a couple of tests with the configurations and so far the 91MB file seems to be processed but the different thing here compared to the blog I checked which is already for 7.3 (http://scn.sap.com/people/sivasubramaniam.arunachalam/blog/2011/12/26/fileftp-adapter--large-file-tr...) is that the files are not being split into chunks in the sender adapter.

One blog that refers to 7.1 (http://scn.sap.com/people/niki.scaglione2/blog/2009/10/31/chunkmode-for-binary-file-transfer-within-...) is saying that it's available in 7.1 but does not provide further details on how the message is being processed.

Would like to confirm if PI is already supporting chunk file mode in 7.1 SPS6 since I could see that the option is available in the File sender adapter but doesn't seem to be splitting the message into different chunks.

If not, can you recommend any other way to support large file transfers in 7.1? Or is there any other needed configuration in the sender/receiver adapters to make chunk mode work?

Thanks,

Albert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMO, Pi 7.1 does not support split the file into chunks. If your file is flat file and use file content conversion then you can set recordsets per message like 1000 or 2000 to split the file into several small messages. This is one way. Since you don't ESR, you cannot split the larger file using file adapter. The optimum mesg size for the message volume is up to 5 mb.

Note: I know this feature is available in 7.3 and your first blog also says the same. As michal said you can try in your ehp version whether that is possible.

Message was edited by: Baskar Gopalakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

It seems like it's just available in the adapter but it's not actually working as described. I'm not sure if I missed anything in my configuration but I have followed all the recommended configurations (mostly from 7.3) and still haven't seen any significant results. I also haven't seen any post about file to file transfers (w/o ESR) that actually works in my scenario, so I'll will be raising a note to confirm this. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Albert

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

I also had this requirement in SAP PI 7.11. I found the SAP note for that and it says that its not possible in PI 7.11. Please refer below link.

Note 1792158:Chunk Mode in PI 7.11

Regards,

Ankur Agrawal.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

official it's a feature for 7.3 as per my blog

http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2010/10/18/pixi-pi-73-processing-of-large-files--tea...

but you can try it with EhP1 too

have you changed the Quality of service to EOIO and put the name of the queue ?

you can also check with OSS note if this function was downported to 7.11 to make sure

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Yes, I was able to set QoS to EOIO and placed a name in the queue.

I'm creating an note to see if this is indeed available or not just to make sure. Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Albert