Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilanguage SUP app with data coming from SAP

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm creating a IOS (native) app using SUP and SAP as backend.

The problem is that the app has to be multi language, and using SUP this became really annoying.

Each SAP field that needs a description (for example, Material ID, Material Type, Material Group...) has it's own text table in SAP with all the descriptions in each language.

When you login to SAP you only see the texts in your login language, but with this SUP app this is not possible because I need all the languages loaded on Sybase CDB to get the texts on each device app language when the synchronization it's done.

I've thought two approaches to do that, but I don't like any of them... so maybe you can help me.

1st - Create an MBO for each field that needs texts. (i.e MATNR ---> Related MBO with the following fields: MATNR, LANGUAGE, MAKTX). If I do this I will have more than 20 MBOs just for texts...

2nd - Create just one MBO with all the texts (i.e. FIELD_NAME,FIELD_VALUE,LANGUAGE,FIELD_TEXT). With this approach, the MBO will have thousands of entries and the performance maybe will be really poor...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ian_Thain
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you take the second approach you could limit the data with a Synchronization Parameter, so only the users specific translation would be loaded to the device

Ian

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ian, I already was thinking in doing this 2nd approach with the synchronization parameter.

But, do you think this is the best solution? I still think this can be a problem because I have more like 10000 materials, 5000 customers and other data. This will be multiplied for each field with text in each MBO.

So, the texts MBO will have more than 70,000 entries even filtering by language.

Ian_Thain
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have no alternative solution, but someone else may jump in here and suggest another way?

Ian

Answers (0)