cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accesing a folder using Quick Links in SAP CRM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where we need to access the files in a folder from CRM Web UI. We need to configure this using the quick links option. Can you please help me of how to give the folder path in the URL option of the quick links. I have tried giving the path of the folder in the URL option but it does not work.

Thanks,

Ravi G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Leon,

Please find my requirement.

I have a folder path say c:\\folder1.

I want to access the contents of this folder from CRM Web UI using Quick Links. When I define the URL for the Quick Link and fill the URL parameter as c:\\folder1, it does not get launched from CRM web UI quick link option.

Can you please help me to acheive this.

Thanks,

Ravi G

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You cannot access a local file in your PC using a quick link in the Web UI. This is not supported due to technical and security reasons. Since the Web UI is intended to use across internet, you cannot have the same folder everywhere( whichever PC the user uses). So if you want to access some file other than upload, like loading of images, flash files etc., then you need to import them into the SAP system MIME repository. Then only you can access them from the Web UI.

Regards,

Leon

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Could you please be more clear on your query. What is your exact requirement? Are you trying to upload a file from a particular folder or trying to access a file and display/use within the Web UI? If it is the former you can achieve it, but the latter can't be. You cannot use files in the local PC folder within the CRM Web UI. In such cases, you need to upload/import those files to system repository and access them.

Regards,

Leon