cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name of IMG Project in SM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

Why in Simulation (HTM/SWF) "Creating and Enabling a Project for Change Request Management" name of project = name of IMG Project?

If I create the IMG project, the system suggests to enter other name? Why?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use the same name for IMG project. There is no restriction here. Just remember to choose "Development Systems" for System role in IMG project tab.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't use the same name of the IMG project. The system SM 7.1 can't create Name of IMG Project = Name of Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in 7.1, and I am able to create with the same name, even nothing was asked like yours.

please update what you are exactly trying to do?

have you selected role as developement system?

and your screenshots we are not able to see, please attach again,

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I create the IMG project, the system suggests to enter other name? Why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry

There is no problem in having the IMG project with the same name as your project. The problem is that you cannot have two IMG projects at the same system and client with the same name.

Try to access, in your case the system SW0/208 and check if there is another IMG project with the name you're trying to use. If there is already one, you'll have to use another name.

kind regards, Fabricius

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

There's no problem to have an IMG created with a different name of your SolMan Project in this case. You are trying to create an IMG in the same system as you have the SolMan Project (SW0 is your SolMan system right? I can see your logical component is related to SolMan, not to a satellite system such as ERP, CRM etc.). When you create an implementation project in SolMan, an entry is created in table TPROJECT with the Solman Project name and class SOLAR, which will not allow you to have another entry (in this case related to the IMG project) with the same name (the key is only the project id). I am facing the same situation as you because I am testing QGM is a SolMan Sandbox system standalone, not connected to any other system, and it's working fine for me. My SolMan project has one name and the corresponding IMG project has another name.

When you create the IMG project, a new entry will be created in this table with class CUSTOM.

I hope this explains why you can't have the same name for both projects.

Best regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

goto spro_admin of the dev client, check do you have any other prj with the same name, then delete the prj if no use,

because some time before i come accross the note where is saying some issue on different names on IMG and Solution manager prj , the note as Note 1643176 - CSOL: Not locked due to different IMG & SolMan project names

since you are testing in solman itself, this is never going to be harm much, but once you set in production env, make sure all are proper as standard.

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (0)