cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Purchase requisitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is it possible to trigger purchase requisitions for assets from PS (Material type - ASSET; MRP4: Individual/collective indicator - blank; no accounting view)?

What Item category should we select?

Scenario: Client wants to trigger PR's from project for Laptops/desk tops, which are assets, from PS. Once GR done, it should update quantity but not value.

Thanks & Regards,

Murthy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

R.S.V.R Murthy wrote:

Dear Experts,

Is it possible to trigger purchase requisitions for assets from PS (Material type - ASSET; MRP4: Individual/collective indicator - blank; no accounting view)?

What Item category should we select?

Scenario: Client wants to trigger PR's from project for Laptops/desk tops, which are assets, from PS. Once GR done, it should update quantity but not value.

Thanks & Regards,

Murthy.

You can not have two account assignment at the same time in the PO unless one is to be a statistical object or auxillary account assignment.

If you have EC & O then try if there any option available in ETM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy

You can raise PR for procuring the assets by giving the Account assignment category P or Q. For that you need to give WBS element, this comes under project system (Capex process).

In my earlier project also  Laptops/desk tops/Wovens etc., had procured thru Capex process only.

If you does not want to update value then you can use free goods  concept.

Hope this could help to u. Let me know if any.

Regards

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

If you really need the Asset vinculated to the project, you should create PR manually. Create PR using ME51N, item category "A" informing the Asset number and the WBS code too. This way you can track all purchases by the project, control costs and budget.

I don't know another standard way.

Anyone knows?

Regards
Marcio Blos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcio Blos,

Thank you for your reply.

While creating PR/PO, if we select account assignment category A it'll ask for asset number NOT WBS element. If we select account assignment category P/Q,  it'll ask for WBS element.

Regards,

Murthy.

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi murthy,

the best practice is doing PR through ME51N, by taking "A" account assignment category and u have to give Asset No. then only PR is saved.

there is another way of doing PR in Project system using WBS element/Network where you can create PR in Network- ext processing, the same PR is converted to PO, After MIGO/GR & MIRO, the same asset number is created and capitalised in project in settlement process.  But this is not advisable for complete equipment viz., laptops, etc

We are using both the above options as per our business requirement.

Thanks

Srihari

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

You can use the Statistical WBS, you create PR manually. Create PR using ME51N, item category "A" , account assing the Asset number . This way you can track all purchases by the project, control costs and budget also.

Just maintain the Statistical WBS while creating the Asset.

Regards
rkp

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Murthy

When you use Acc "A" you must inform the asset number, but you can inform WBS Element, or Cost Center, etc. Then, a statistical post is made against WBS element.

Talk with your MM Consultant to habilite de WBS field if it's not visible and editable when you use Acc "A".

Regards

Marcio Blos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Generally organizations buy the material (laptops, software and other equipments) using the  regular practive, what I mean creating a PR>PO>GR.

You can use the regular process and no need to connected to project. You can create PR using ME51N for those kind of items. I guess, you can account assign "asset number" in PR so that costs will flow to Asset. check with your MM team for this one.

After receipt of Goods receipt, those items as classified you can declare them as Asset and depreciation starts from then onwards.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhakar,

Thank you for your reply.

Initially, the standard practice, we suggested the same process PR(account assignment category A)--> PO--> GR to the client and shown demo also. They want to create PR's from PS for assets. Is it possible or not?

Regards,

Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

You have plenty of suggestions by our friends and it was clear how it should be done.

Next point, if you wanted to have PR from Project then you can make it but the default account assignment should be either Q & N. In that case you procure the material and cost would hit to project object and then settle to an Asset.

Regards,

Sudhakar