cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion with SAPup and upgrading from 7.01 to 7.3

0 Kudos

Hi everyone

We have Netweaver 7.01 on a Unix box.  I am trying to upgrade from NW 7.01 to 7.3.

I am confused how to use SAPup.  I used Maintanance Optimizer to download all our files.  In the downloaded files was SAPup7107_33-20004260.SAR which I know is SAPup.  When I looked in the Upgrade Guide SAP Netweaver 7.3 ABAP guide, it says

1.Mount the Upgrade Master DVD.

2.Log on to the host on which the primary application server instance is running as user <sapsid>adm.

3.Enter the following command:/<DVD mount directory>/STARTUP

I don't have the Upgrade Master DVD because we got the files downloaded from Maintenance Optimizer.  When I unpacked the SAPup.SAR file, it unpacked the following:

server:userID> SAPCAR -xvf SAPup7107_33-20004260.SAR

SAPCAR: processing archive SAPup7107_33-20004260.SAR (version 2.01)

x bin

x bin/libicui18n.sl.34

x bin/libicudata.sl.34

x bin/libicuuc.sl.34

x bin/SAPupHELPE.TXT

x bin/SAPupDialogues.xml

x bin/SAPup

x sapupmanifest.mf

x SIGNATURE.SMF

SAPCAR: 9 file(s) extracted

So there is no STARTUP file to use.  I tried going into the bin directory and executing the command ./SAPup.  It asked for the path of my root directory.  Now it's just sitting at:  *** Reexecuting ./SAPup with adapted environment and restart=3.  Waiting for SAP SL-Controller to connect at port number 4240 (CTRL-C to interrupt)...

So I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Should I execute SAPup command from the download directory or the upgrade directory?  Is there a different command to start it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That file you downloaded is only the SAPUp "patch", you need to download the Upgrade Master from SAP Marketplace, the upgrade master wont be listed on the download list in MOPZ

Regards

Juan

0 Kudos

Thanks, Juan.  Do you have any idea where I would find that?   I'm searching the software download center and get no results. 

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Gary,

Installations and Upgrades -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 7.3 -> OS -> DB  and look for the Inst/Upg Master

Regards, Juan