Did you mean: 

How to delete Used DC dependencies from DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a track with following workplaces :

NW1_XXX_D

NW1_XXX_C

Now in the development workplace (NW1_XXX_D) I have got a DC with name "abcd" with a red mark in metadata.

When I drill down to this DC ("abcd") I find that there are some Used DCs which are in Red.

I do not want these DCs.

So, the solution for me is to delete these dependencies.

How can I do this.

In NWDS DC Perspective when I am trying to import this configuration from NW1_XXX_D I am unable to find "abcd" DC in "Inactive DCs" View.

It is only present in "Active DC" view.

How can I delete these Used DCs from "abcd" DC.

I tried to import NW1_XXX_C but unfortunately under Inactive DCs view I am unable to create project for "abcd" because it is giving me error "Cannot sync XXXXXX/cons/inactive/DCs/sap.com/Utility/_comp/. The path does not seem to exist on the server."

The reason being as I checked in DTR....dcdef file is missing for "abcd" DC in Consolidation tab.

How can I remove these illegal dependencies ?

Is it possible from NWDI/DTR...if not then how to proceed for it in NWDS ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
normally you can do that in nwds,
now seems something is messed up there, can you tell us more about your story.....
Former Member
0 Kudos

The DC that I have to change.

i.e. The DC from which I need to delete unwanted Dependencies....is broken in NWDI.

Thus I am unable to see it in Inactive DCs view of DC configuration perspective in NWDS.

The reason why it is broken is due to those unwanted used DCs it is referring to....as those unwanted Used Dcs does not exist on server.

Is there any way that I could be able to view it in NWDS inactive DCs view ?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's all?

even it is broken,  i think it still will be available in inactive space.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jun,

I was able to figure out.... Why this DC is not available in Inactive DCs view.

The reason was that some person who has left our organization....created an activity with name "Delete DC from SC" and in that activity deleted this entire DC from SC and Checked In the code.

Some how he was not able to Activate this code and thus activity is handing in "Activation view" of NWDS if we are logging in to NWDS using his ID.

Now we have no intentions to move this activity further...we need to revert it back...and then create a project of it in NWDS...and then delete unwanted dependencies....

How can we achieve this after all this mess.

Please guide me....

NOTE : Another important observation is that Activity with name "Delete DC from SC" only contains one file :

.../SCs/XXX.com/XXXX/_comp/TopLevelDCs/sap.com Utility.dcref   @ <BSN: 2>

And the icon against this file is of a "deleted version"

Message was edited by: Saurabh Agarwal

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if the activity is not activated, how come your NW1_XXX_C don't have that dc?
Former Member
0 Kudos

DC is available in NW1_XXX_C (Consolidation)

It is not available in NW1_XXX_D (Inactive view)...but was available in NW1_XXX_D (Active view)...until.....

I moved one step forward as I activated it from NWDI and then release it from NWDS...

Now it is not available in NW1_XXX_D Actice view as well.

Now the question is how can I get an old version of this DC back in Development ?

Message was edited by: Saurabh Agarwal

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Looks like you have some strange situation here: your DC is OK in xxx_C DTR workspaces but is completely missing from xxx_D DTR workspaces (both active/inactive). I'm not sure if NWDI has a feature/functionality to sync or move resources from one workspace to another.

I've never done this before but, how about selecting an older version of your SC (from history of your Consolidation), export SCA and check it back in (via the Check-in tab)? Make sure you have a back up of your DTR first 🙂

Another alternative using NWDS, albeit more complicated, is to check out the (missing) resources from your xxx_C, then integrate the activities into the inactive space of your xxx_D (like when you'd like to move DCs from one SC to another). Again, although we've moved DCs from one SC to another before, I've never used this method to move DCs from xxx_C to xxx_D in the same SC.

Hope someone can confirm either or both alternatives (whether they'd be working or not).

Dao